Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Got my Aero Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
XFordMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got my Aero Installed...

Is there any advantage to expanding the exhaust and installing the 5" aero compared to the 4"? I think it would look cool but I don't want to just be wasting money for looks. Also, I've beenconsidering the option of thenbringing the 5" exhaust out to the side in front of the duallies to eliminate the flow restrictions and fit problems from all the bends needed to get over the axle. As long as the hot exhaust gases don't hit the tires is there anything else to worry about with this set up?

Don

Old 05-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Unless your Ram is heavily modded, 4" is all that you need. If you go up to 5", it may actually hurt you rather than help.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:02 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I wish I'd left stock exhaust on until I learned more about what's out there. I went with4" mbrp catback a long time ago. I recently deleted the cat and was expecting some more noise butreally wasn't much increase in that.Knowing what I know now if I had things to do over I would've left the stock exhaust pipes on there deleted the stock muffand cat then put an aero in + a cool tip... The mbrp looks good and sounds ok but not really what I want. You live and learn.. hopefully someone won't make the same mistake I did..

Old 05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Don't sweat it junky, we all make mistakes. Had I known before hand about the benefits of moving up in size, I would have gone up from a 3.5" downpipe to a 4". Like you said, you live and learn, no biggie.

Quick Reply: Got my Aero Installed...