Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

07 6.7 check engine light problem anyone resolve this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 05:10 AM
captjim1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 6.7 check engine light problem anyone resolve this?

I had codes on my 07 since the day I bought it. I finally had them buyback the truck and got an 08 for 1200.00. They compensated me for all add ons. They wanted difference of msrp.s also but I refused that. After alot of phone conversations and great help from the local dealership I was able to settle. They have a formula for milage to money. Mine was on 3200 miles I believe. That was taken from the 3rd time I took the truck in for the light. All miles after that were not counted.All were emissionn related problems. My new truck been back two times but has been ok for 2000 miles so far. Make sure you let them know you are willing to go all the way with this even if it takes a lawyer because you may have to. Keep records of everything, phone calls and names included.I think my deal was fair but sure was aggravating. Good luck.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:36 AM
sabersix

ORIGINAL: hmathews

I filled diesel again yesterday and right after I was leaving the station the light comes back on again... not sure.
Welcome to the forum. Try tightening your fuel cap. You will get a CEL if it is loose.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:43 PM
hmathews

ORIGINAL: sabersix

I filled diesel again yesterday and right after I was leaving the station the light comes back on again... not sure.
Welcome to the forum. Try tightening your fuel cap. You will get a CEL if it is loose.
Tried this as this was my first suspicion. Turned out to be not.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:45 PM
hmathews

I bought mine pre-owned a month ago at 29K miles. After driving for about 1000 miles the MIL came on last week. Someone advised me to drive it for an hour - I did. That evening the MIL went off. I was all happy. I filled diesel again yesterday and right after I was leaving the station the light comes back on again... not sure.

anyone, how can I find out the code?
Took it to the dealer, the dealer tells me that the turbo needs to be cleaned and they referred me to another dealership. I think the fun is just about to begin... Hope this thing will never come back. We'll see.

Quick Reply: 07 6.7 check engine light problem anyone resolve this?