Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My dog was hit by a car today

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My dog was hit by a car today

ORIGINAL: dirtydodge02

Hope everything checks out ok. I know a good dog is another member of the family.
good dog beats a bad wife

Old 04-27-2008, 10:04 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

well tonight shes sleeping inside,she right beside me right now and shes really fine,i guess she was scared for the most part of it....
a friend of me is a Vet and came tonight to see her and didnt saw anything beside her eart pumping a tad faster than it should... he said i would know tomorrow when ill awake if shes ok else
she would die from internal bleeding but she dont seem in pain....so he said he would bet shes ok....

Old 04-28-2008, 01:57 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

damn. good luck man! my dog got hit by a car last summer and he had to get stitches. $500 isnt a lot if its your best friend. and then a few months ago, our new puppy bumped his head onto a table we have and his head swoll up instantly. $75 got it fixed.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:57 AM
JR 06
Professional

Good to hear that she's alright. I had a pretty bad experience with a similar situation. When I was younger it was Christmas Eve and we were getting ready to go to my grandparents house to do the whole gift exchange deal, then I hear a knock at the front door. I go and answer it and this 16 year old girl is standing there crying her eyes out. She just sat there crying for a minute or so, then finally she said that she had hit my dog. So I run out there and a couple of the neighbors are there standing around her. She was just laying there, bleeding alot and not moving at all. She was still alive, but I knew that she wasn't gonna make it. She died about 30 mins later. Worst feeling ever, she was one of the best dog's I've ever had.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

you have a lucky dog there Woli!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

JR06: i know what u mean,i shot my black labrador last year cuz he bite me and my daugther was 3 months olds back then so i didnt taked any chance....
very hard to live

Old 04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
minex
Veteran

My dog was hit by a car and the damage didn't manifest itself until almost a year later. Like your dog, mine was hit and he got up and ran to me like nothing happened. I still took him to the vet just to make sure everything was O.K. At the time, the vet didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Fast forward to one year when I was grooming him. I don't know how I missed this, but I noticed that he was extremely skinny around the stomach area. It looked as if he hadn't eaten in months, even though I know I was feeding him. The vet said that his intestines had slowly migrated into his chest area and the cause was probably when he was hit by the car. The cost to fix him? $1200.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
beachmstr

Woli, you are a lucky man. I haven't seen too many dogs get up and walk away without any problems.

I was hauling a horse trailer one day going down the street by the rodeo grounds. I was watching this dog on the side of the road with his owner. The owner waived me to keep on coming, so I did. I wasn't going to fast when the dog jumped out in front of me. I was coming around a corner and when I hit the brakes felt the trailer start to jackknife so I had to let of the brakes. It was either wreck the truck and trailer and possibly hurt the horses or run the dog over. Tough split second decision but I had to hit the dog. Unfortunately, it didn't make it and I felt really bad for the old man who owned her. But what was I to do?

Well Minex, I have to ask. Did you pay to have the surgery? I know most people would but its a tough decision. Its a lot of money to pay for a dog.

Quick Reply: My dog was hit by a car today