Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

tourque bolts

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:44 AM
papow22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tourque bolts

[:@]I have a problem,it's thetourque replacement,on a 2001 one ton diesel cummings automatic.[sm=insomnia.gif] I had heard strange noise,so I took the inspection plate & found atourque bolt.So now I'm trying to find out on how replace the tourque bolts.[&o]But read in a past message in the the forum,that a person mentioned to replace the automatic o.d. tranny to 5 speed tran standard.????.Well if it can be done it would be costly .[sm=helpout.gif]

Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 AM
mytowrig
Captain
Default RE: tourque bolts

not really sure what you're asking here.... also, and i don't really know, but is there really a part called a torque bolt? i know torque is applied to a bolt to tighten it, and i know there is a torque converter.

(and what the hell is a cummings??)

welcome to the forum and i hope someone smarter than me can help you out!!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like one of the bolts that attaches to the flex plate to the torque converter came off. . .all you need is a spanner wrenchand spin the flex plate aound and see if you ahve any bolts missing. just make sure to put on some lok-tite on the bolt when you put it back in.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM
papow22

Well thanks DREW,But I've done it to gas jobs, but when it comes diesel they are different.Cause diesel inspenton plates don't allow you to get close enought to the flex plate.So I'm guessing I'll have to remove the starter.Or plate across the other side of the motor.Well Ithanks any ways I got to take the little womens NITRO 2008 IN DODGE for oil & inspection today so I'll inquire for sure.

MYTOWRIG: if you have little gas automatic you'll find little short bolts that hold the flex plate to the torque converter.ALSO cumming is a motor that don't fitin to a toy jeep.For I have 1 ton diesel dually with a motor that is call cummings diesel..
Also I own a small *****'s jeep that was made 1945 that still runs also 1944 Dodge 2 ton also.Like the toys that they ask peole to collect.can't remember the name cause I'm not into that.Gotta =[sm=escape.gif].

Old 04-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Drew
Professional

actualy there is a plate on the passengers side of the engine you cna remove that will give you acess to the bolts

Old 04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: papow22

Well thanks DREW,But I've done it to gas jobs, but when it comes diesel they are different.Cause diesel inspenton plates don't allow you to get close enought to the flex plate.So I'm guessing I'll have to remove the starter.Or plate across the other side of the motor.Well Ithanks any ways I got to take the little womens NITRO 2008 IN DODGE for oil & inspection today so I'll inquire for sure.

MYTOWRIG: if you have little gas automatic you'll find little short bolts that hold the flex plate to the torque converter.ALSO cumming is a motor that don't fitin to a toy jeep.For I have 1 ton diesel dually with a motor that is call cummings diesel..
Also I own a small *****'s jeep that was made 1945 that still runs also 1944 Dodge 2 ton also.Like the toys that they ask peole to collect.can't remember the name cause I'm not into that.Gotta =[sm=escape.gif].
Ummmmmm you need to take that truck back to the dealer then. They are suppose to come with a Cummins Diesel not a Cummings !!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:41 PM
mytowrig
Captain

i own a CUMMINS that fits quite nicely in the RAM i use to tow my JEEP around. cummins is a great motor, one of the best! and my gas vehicle is not an automatic, however i do agree its a toy! the CUMMINGS must be a knock-off brand!!

(and before you get your manties in a bunch, i should let you know i'm just having fun!!)

Old 04-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: mytowrig
(and before you get your manties in a bunch, i should let you know i'm just having fun!!)
LMAO !!!

I never heard of that before

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
papow22

Thanks DREW,I just got back from the dodge dealers and the the DEISEL MEC.,told me the same you just,also them bolts mite not be the only trouble other than my SPELLING on the words,I know it's a(6SIX CYL.,DIESEL THAT HAULS BUTT)My late just past away and he left me hanging out to dry,for when it comes diesel pickups I found they are harder to work on than 458 TT V-8 jimmie diesel that moves and goes fast,my friend drives truck that hasa 425 cat diesel that purrs .So we get the to the mills a little faster usual,so thanks DREW &GOD SPEED[sm=escape.gif].

Old 04-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Drew
Professional

no prob. . .and I do agree with him. . .it may be wise to have the tranny yanked and the torque converter and flex plate inspected. if you had one to fall out you may have others loose. not only that the holes they go in have probably been messed up.

Quick Reply: tourque bolts