Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Converting 2006 Ram front drive line to manual locking hubs

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:18 PM
handymanherb
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Converting 2006 Ram front drive line to manual locking hubs

I know mine is hard to steer in 4x4, I can turn the wheel and stop the truck on pavement, if I on pavement and pulling trees, I have to shift in and out of 4x4 to get lined up on the next one.

I was begining to belive I had a locker in the front end, but I dought that

Old 05-04-2008, 03:53 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: rootercycles

DiEseLjunKy, where you been?
Man everywhere!! You move back down to NC yet? I'djust come in from pulling the cat off and drinking the necessary brews to git r done when I came in and saw this which made for a long winded post

Old 05-04-2008, 06:06 PM
rootercycles
Professional

My family and I are relocating to Wilmington NC. My two boys (10 and 14) and I are driving down there on Thursday with my CTD with my older sons Deville on a dolly. We are exceptionally excited to get back home (Southeast) and look forward in recreating the life we gave up for careers up here in MN. I'll keep you posted as we get settled.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

That ought to help break in your truck have a safe/fun trip.Last time I heard I thinkyou only had like a couple thousand miles on it -like you probably got the newest '06 in the world Don't blame you for not driving it up there in the winter though that calcium chloridecrap'sreally bad stuff...

Old 05-05-2008, 11:17 AM
AangryWhiteMan

DiEseLjunKy Thanks for the input, I'm going to do this to my truck ASAP in the process of getting the $$$$ together. I'm convince with a basic stock truck I'll get closer to the 2 MPG's based on my experience with my old IH SCOUTII. A 10% => MPG increase is worth it. There is no real reason for Fuel prices to be this high but I believe they'll do everthing to keep them as high as possible. This MOD will payitself in 3 => 5 year based on my driving habits and the cost of fuel.

Let see no drilling in ANWAR, no new drilling in the Gulf, no new drilling of the Coast of California, no new Wind mills in Wyoming, no alternet Engery supplies in the back yards of Kentucky, 1 new refinrery in 25 Years. This is why we have $4.00 Gasoline & $4.25 Diesel Fuel. This has nothing to do with shortages. Everyone get used to it!!![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: Converting 2006 Ram front drive line to manual locking hubs