Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My new Mayfair Prevention Device

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Mayfair Prevention Device

This is my new Mayfair Prevention Device...........or otherwise known as the Ravelco Security Device.

This little gadjet will prevent the engine fron starting unless the male plug has been inserted into the mounted plug. If one tries to hotwire the system, well there are hundreds of possibilitys and the first wrong guess it will blow fuses to either the starter or the fuel pump.

It's been tested in Mexico City (200 vehicles a day stolen) and has never been defeated in its 31 years of exisitance.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Old 04-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: My new Mayfair Prevention Device

Pfft .... I aint stickin my "Male End" anywhere NEAR that thing !!

As far as cracking the code though, .... childs play .....

Old 04-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

Does the Edge turbo timer still work with the key removed?

Old 04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will. . .and usualy there is a brake sensor that is installed that will kill the engine when the brake is pushed to put the tranny in gear. us stick guy's put the switch on the clutch.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: Bass Hunter

Does the Edge turbo timer still work with the key removed?
No, unfortunately the engine will die the second I remove the plug. I'll have to sit there and wait when I'm in high risk areas. If I leave the plug in and turn the key off, it's just like before.

All this is, is a circut loop that can be closed by removing the plug. The cool thing is that if some thief tries to short wire the system, it will blow fuses everywhere and completely deaden the truck. I'll have to replace fuses and repair the damage, but at least I'll still have the truck.

This is really perfect timing also. Next week I'm installing new tires and rims that will flash........

"COME AND STEAL ME"

Old 04-30-2008, 05:39 PM
burban2002
Veteran

Now you need to hook up electricity to your rims too so they cant take them and run. Maybe a flame thrower while you're at it.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 PM
UpBranchLiner

I remember the first time I went to New Orleans and saw "Rent to Own Tires and Rims". I bet I laughed for half an hour.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
RamItOne

Cool glad you got it, last time I put up the ravelco info (months back) in 3rd gen I got not response.

As for the flame thrower, I'll have to look but I know a security co built one so if someone tries to car jack you, it comes out below the driver side door, but just aout all countries ban it.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:40 PM
mytowrig
Captain

bigriver: i have been looking at those too, one for my jeep and truck. do you think it would be possible to get 2 keyed alike? also did you install it yourself? if so, how long did it take?

Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

Cool glad you got it, last time I put up the ravelco info (months back) in 3rd gen I got not response.

As for the flame thrower, I'll have to look but I know a security co built one so if someone tries to car jack you, it comes out below the driver side door, but just aout all countries ban it.
The first time I had ever heard about the flamethrower it was on Real Tv. Video from Africa (go figure) and someone had their video camera going when they were about to get car jacked. It was pretty exciting to see darky get even darker when he was set on fire!

Quick Reply: My new Mayfair Prevention Device