Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Hey woli

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
GFB
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey woli

This new quadzilla adrenaline box is sick! I just put it on the truck and it blows away my previous stack. I can't wait until they start shipping the pulse so I can do some custom tuning with it. I haven't tried out the dyno tune yet as I saw it break two DTR guys' transmissions the first day he released it lol. Now I wish I would have went bigger with my clutch. [:'(]

Just figured you might have some money laying around that you needed to spend.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
woligator
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hey woli

well i just got a smarty to stack whit my comp but i wont try it untill my fire rings and studs are on....
im also waiting for my 2nd turbo to come home to go TWINS!!!!

is this really amazing thing?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 PM
justviper1
Veteran

i have the adrenaline with a stock auto 47re and have run the aggressive files on 10 and not broke anything YET! knock on wood. btw what is the pulse that they are supposed to be shipping?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM
GFB
Professional

The pulse is the control/gauge pod similar to the edge attitude.

Woli, many that have had the comp/smarty or tst/smarty stack report that the adrenaline is smoother, more powerful, and smokes less. This has been backed up with track times and dyno numbers. The adrenaline with the pulse does everything the juice w/att does and more. They are working on the software a little still, but you'll basically be able to custom tune the adrenaline yourself with respect to fueling/timing via throttle input, MAP, rpm, load, etc. I'm pretty sure this will be the end-all for 24v boxes.

They will be shipping the pulse very soon. Many are beta testing it over on DTR.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:18 AM
justviper1
Veteran

does this mean that if you previously bought an adrenaline that they will ship the pulse to you or do you have to buy it separate?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:27 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

u mean that if i try this i will ditch my smarty and comp?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:27 PM
justviper1
Veteran

i have never used a smarty or the comp but i do know that the adrenaline is awesome and gives tons of power. i would like to try a smarty with it to see if there was any more that i could get out of it. i don't think that there is but it wouldn't hurt to try. i also would like to try a smarty to try to eliminate some of the torque management if i even can on my 01 so that i can get more power at lower rpms. since i updated the adrenaline the last time with the aggressive files i actually got my turbo to bark for the first time this morning and also left one big cloud of black smoke!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:39 AM
GFB
Professional

Woli,

I'm not saying you'll ditch the stack. I'm just saying there have been a lot of drag comps and tst comp boxes for sale lately You can run the smarty on a low fuel only setting for just a tad more throttle response, but with the pulse monitor you can basically adjust the TPS input and have it fuel down low sooner and harder than a smarty, or any other box out there.

Justviper,

No, the pulse is an add-on to the adrenaline. It replaces the little control stick thingy. It gives you full adjustability for all the features. They are still working on the user custom tuning. That is the next step.

The thing that really impresses me about all this is a company, unlike MADS, releases a product and provides updates and really works with the truck owners to make custom tunes instead of broken promises. Hell, right now quad is working on a sled pulling tune that will allow the truck to free rev to 4k+ and then bring in the fuel 100% as the load increases. How cool is that?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 PM
justviper1
Veteran

i just tried the dyno tune in my 01 and damn was it fun! i could make a ton of smoke and if my tranny would just hold up i would be able to burn my 37 off the truck! It is fun as hell to take up 2 lanes because you jumped on the truck and it went sideways! i never thought my truck would do what it can. I just have to get that trans. built so that i can see the full power of the kit without it slippin.

Quick Reply: Hey woli