Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

controlers

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
jstalnaker70
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default controlers

does any one know of one controler that will operate different moduals and programers?
i am wanting to stack some different box combo and would like to keep it clean inside the cab.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 AM
aka_chewy
All Star
Default RE: controlers

I'm pretty confident that no one controller could be used to control different boxes. Most will go with a programmer (Smarty) to reprogram the computer and then a box (Edge, TST) to fine tune everything. The Smarty/TST stack seems to be the provide the most gains and it's a set up that can be grown into as your truck becomes more bullet proof. The TST alone will put out 195hp/595tq at it's highest settings.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
jstalnaker70
Amateur

what about this will it do what im wanting.

qty.

Granatelli Motor Sports 980100-1
$319.95
Estimated Ship Date:Today

Brand:
Granatelli Motor Sports

ProductLine:
Granatelli Motor Sports Big G In-Cab Monitors

PartType:
Performance Computers

Part Number:
GRN-980100-1

Quantity:
Sold individually.

Big G Monitor, In-Cab, Chevy/Dodge/Ford/GMC, Diesel, Each
[ul]Check to make sure this part fits your application [/ul]
[/align]In-cab control with Granatelli Big G monitors.
Granatelli Motor Sports Big G in-cab monitors are designed to communicate with all diesel plug-and-play modules, flash tools, and hand-held programmers, no matter who made them. They're programmed to assume command over any aftermarket components and factory ECUs, so they can always monitor and control advanced power levels. You can use them to switch tunes on the fly, and they will display up to four performance parameters (including power output settings as a percentage, boost pressure, and EGTs before and after the turbo) and read and clear DTCs and engine lights. Big G in-cab monitors even de-fuel based on driver-set coolant, boost, or EGT presets. The Big G monitors have a big, easy-to-read display, but they're compact enough to fit any pillar gauge pods and they will install without cutting or splicing. [/align]Back to Search Results [/align]

Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 AM
aka_chewy
All Star

I don't know that it would be able to control multiple units at one time. I read that to mean that if you had a single box on there, it could control that. I don't know how you would set it up to control multiple boxes. However, I could very easily be wrong, that's just how I read it.

And just so we are talking about the same thing, when I say boxes, I mean the Edge Juice, TST, units like those where they plug into the factory harness and have a box of their own that typically mounts on the fuse box cover.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:05 PM
justviper1
Veteran

check out the quadzilla pulse. i believe that they say that it can control different boxes.

Quick Reply: controlers