Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

This years video

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This years video

ORIGINAL: triton
I know I'm not the only one capable of roasting a grand worth of tires so I hope some others will spend the money too [sm=icon_rofl.gif] I'm happy to supply a vid or two though... just let me know.
I hear ya brother. Sharky laid waste to a bit of rubber last year, I took off some rubber trying to get a decent shot to close the video, I know Rooster laid down some smoke too.

We REALLY need one of the dually guys to lay into it. Nothing like seeing a set of training wheels going up in smoke. Uhhhhhhh, can anyone say BIGRIVER!!!!! Git at it man! You got new wheels and tires coming in.

Ifanybody wantstheir truck to get more than just a single pic in the vid, get some good shots or vids.

Also, anyone that won TOTM, get me a good shot of YOU with your truck. You guys will get titled spots in the vid.

Anyways, so far here is what I'm thinking in the way of tunes, by what has been nominated so far:

Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen (has really good spots to transition vids and pics. I'm diggin it.)

Metallica - Enter Sandman (can never complain about this song, just sounds mean. Besides it gives us 5:27 to work with)

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart (come on, do I need to say anything here. I love this song.)

Prodigy - Diesel Power (ahhhhhhhh, I'm digging it, but........)

Godsmack - No Rest for the Wicked (Personally, I like this song, but it's a bit slow overall. This would need a lot of stand still shots to work good)

Keep 'em coming. Get the pics and vids together, we have plenty of time before my stuff gets back. No excuses about not having time.

Just as a note, I'm not gonna dig through anybody's albums this year looking for pics. I want thestuff that YOU want in the vid. If I need to dig for filler stuff, fine, but I'd rather put in the stuff you personally want.

Just so you understand, the video last year took me almost 70 hours of compiling and editing, it's not as easy as you think to match it up to the music and get everything looking right. Add to that the time I was digging through albums and it's a considerable amount of time.

Thanks,
Rich

Old 05-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I think if you and Chewy could work together on this it would be awesome !! He didn't get rid of his truck ( yet ), but yeah, he's trying, and he didn't bail on this project, he's just been real busy with outside stuff right now and that's what's taking up all of his free time. If you two could do this together, this vid could ROCK !!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:57 PM
SilverSmoker
Rookie

I vote for Metallica! That "Tread On Me" is an awesome song!! And I will be gettin new tires soon, I will see about a vid of the dually light'n im up!!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:10 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: SilverSmoker

I vote for Metallica! That "Tread On Me" is an awesome song!! And I will be gettin new tires soon, I will see about a vid of the dually light'n im up!!
Yeah "Don'tTread on Me" would be awesome with a video of several trucks all rumbleing down the road together like they are going to WAR!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your wanting metallica and long. . .why not The Outlaw Torn. . .9min

Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Mayfair
Legend

OK, I've uploaded a TON of pics onto photobucket, and I've put them into their own folder over there, but how do I get a link for just that folderto post overhere?

Old 05-01-2008, 03:48 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I think if you and Chewy could work together on this it would be awesome !! He didn't get rid of his truck ( yet ), but yeah, he's trying, and he didn't bail on this project, he's just been real busy with outside stuff right now and that's what's taking up all of his free time. If you two could do this together, this vid could ROCK !!
The problem is that it's not that easy. It's okay if you have a common file, like on a server or database that you are modifying and the other person san see it in real time, but doing them on seperate computers, with seperate files messes everything up. It's one thing to put together a bunch of pics and put them in, but getting them lined up and transitioning with the music is the problem. If you make one change ANYWHERE in the timeline, you mess up EVERYTHING from that point on. It really is a PITA.

If Chewy has stuff that he's already done and worked on, I'll be glad to use it.

Like I said, my stuff won't be back for a little while, so this is all just getting things together right now.

I've got an idea in my head right now. If we use the Kickstart My Heart song, I'm gonna start it with a heart beating in the back round and going from a pic 'ole Mr Diesel himself and his beloved engine......that was then........new Cummins pics......this is now.......roll into a smokefest or good track vid.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:50 PM
cumminalong

Lilfroger is working on getting us some FTP space right now. She has a friend that may be able to give us PLENTY of space to upload pics, vids and stuff so we can start getting the stuff together.

I'll elt her chime in with the details, as it's not my stuff to give out.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:56 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy
Yeah "Tread on Me" would be awesome with a video of several trucks all rumbleing down the road together like they are going to WAR!!!
Okay, that gives me an idea.....

Anybody up for a "small" get together???

Muwahahahahahaha....

Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in. . .how much smoke you need???

Quick Reply: This years video