Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anyone wanna swap Gears?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:22 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone wanna swap Gears?

I am looking to swap my 3:73's for 4:10 gears. Any one with a 07' Ram 4x4 CTD (5.9) with 4:10's that want to swap for highway gears, PM me and lets git-R-Done!!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:27 AM
RamItOne
Default RE: Anyone wanna swap Gears?

dont forget about mail time, you will be without your truck for a few days, also wonder what shipping is on those ring and pinions. Dont forget to take the fronts out

Old 05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

dont forget about mail time, you will be without your truck for a few days, also wonder what shipping is on those ring and pinions. Dont forget to take the fronts out

I woudl't do the mail thing. I am hopeing to find someone close enough that we could meet up and make a weekend of it. Something scary about shipping the guts of my driveline and hopeing for the best.[:-]
That, and I have no idea how to remove the gears. So hopefully it will be someone who knows at least enough to get us in trouble.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
RamItOne

yeah i know, just giving you grief, someone in 3rd gen was setting up a swap (tires/wheels) till i brought up the fact that both of them would be without their truck for a few days, and also brought what mod would hold the money in escrow until the shipments had arrived, they decided not to do the trade lol...

those gears are machined with a micrometer, its not all that hard, but i was looking into installing a locker and said forget about it when i looked deeper into it..

Old 05-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Something scary about shipping the guts of my driveline and hopeing for the best.[:-]
Huummmm, imagine how I felt with ole' UPS handling the shipping of my 7 tires and rims from Rickson's in Maryland.
I was watching the tracking VERY close, and when the postings stoped in Jackson, MS for a few days, I almost crapped on myself. []

Turned out O.K. obviously

Old 05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Az2500Cummins08

So basically the simpler solution would be trading rear axles all together. The only thing holding them on are the leaf springs. It would be easy. The front end would be a different story.

Quick Reply: Anyone wanna swap Gears?