Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

You think I need a Fass?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Erock509
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You think I need a Fass?

Taking the truck in monday to get the tranny done, then was thinking of stacking the bully dog with the banks six gun w/ pda, and possibly a new exhaust manifold. With all these mods, do you guys think I need to add a Fass system?, is it necessary? When does this stop! Lol, just seeking some wisdom, oh and im sure after these mods ill have to add more guages right?

Old 05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
cumminalong
Default RE: You think I need a Fass?

If you are making more that 100hp over stock, you are gonna need more fuel.

Anymore than that and the stock pump can't keep up and you run the fuel rail dry.

You'll know if you aren't getting enough fuel because the engine will start to miss.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Everyone needs a FASS/AirDog. Including me...

Old 05-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Erock509
Veteran

Ok so which one though, I was looking there are a bunch of different ones? Considering my current list of mods plus the few I may add as i mentioned above.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Mayfair
Legend

EVERYONE needs a FASS

Old 05-08-2008, 04:02 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

A FASS is ok in your situation but they stopped putting VP44s on the engine with the 03 model. So there is not as much danger in ruining your injector pump if you run the fuel pressure too low. You may want to spend your upgrade money elsewhere then get a FASS later.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Erock509
Veteran

ORIGINAL: CowboyBob

A FASS is ok in your situation but they stopped putting VP44s on the engine with the 03 model. So there is not as much danger in ruining your injector pump if you run the fuel pressure too low. You may want to spend your upgrade money elsewhere then get a FASS later.
Ok thnx, thats what I was unsure of, if the fass was necessary for my situation or not. I guess Ill wait a bit for it.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:06 PM
jhfrance

I'm with ya on this one. I'm running a SC flashpaq tuner on performance mode, with a QZ boost fooler, and S&B cold air intake. I've gotten to the point where I'm running out of fuel and "missing" when I get on the throttle pretty good. The FASS is a great system, however expensive. The alternative at a lower price might be the BD Diesel auxiliary lift pump. I think it goes for around $270. Thats what I'm looking at, with about a $200 install cost you'll end up saving quite a bit of money. The longevity of that unit along with the junky original lift pump is the question. Is it worth saving a few hunrdred bucks now to get away with not getting the FASS system? Thats my dilemma too.

Quick Reply: You think I need a Fass?