Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need help about Dodge!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:35 PM
VaDimZH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help about Dodge!!!

Don't know what to do.Like my F350,but worry about engine.I need truck for long period,not just for 300k or 500k,don't like change my cars.What are you think about 2008 F350,so many people have very good respond that is awesome truck,big power,nice ride and impressive towing.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going to move this to the Cummins section since you really want to know more about HD/Cummins trucks.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:05 PM
austin
Veteran

I honestly can't tell you why Ford has the best sales... I have never figured that out. Although, go to ebay and look how many Fords are for sale than Dodge Rams. People that have the Ram 2500,3500 with the Cummins keep them for a LONG time. You won't see many Rams that have less than 150k miles. The owners keep them and use them untill they want to get a new truck, not because the truck has problems.

Ford is legendary for having problems. My girlfriends dad has an 06 powerstroke 250, and even he doesn't like it much because it is always in the shop. Dodge has the lifetime warrenty on new trucks/cars because they know how to build trucks! In Texas(more trucks than any state probably.. Just my opinion) you will always see a dodge pulling more trailers than a Ford. IMHO Fords are more of a daily driver.

Cummins has been proven over and over again. They are the best diesel out there and pretty much anybody will agree with that. Look at it this way, Ford uses the cummins in the F550s and above because Cummins is a medium duty engine, while Powerstroke and Duramaxs are light dudy engines. That says everything right there. V8 Diesels are not "real" diesels, Inline 6s are. Powerstroke is rated to 200,000 miles, while Cummins is rated to 350,000 miles(Last time I checked).

Also, Cummins pulls better than anything else out there. Duramax has been the second best, while powerstroke has been 3rd for a while now. Since the massive amount of torque is lower in the RPM range than both Duramax and Powerstroke it pulls a lot better without having to downshift uphill, and maintains speed better than both engines also.

-Austin

Old 05-07-2008, 11:38 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just put a Cummins in your Ford?

Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Ben D.
Champion

There is no lifetime warranty on the Diesel trucks from dodge. only the gassers.

I bought a dodge mainly because the trucks look better and they have the best power options for me. I wanted a regular cab short bed with a good engine and a stick shift in a 4x4 drive train. I could only get that from dodge. noone else. so I bought teh dodge. Honestly it's the best vehicle i've ever had. not saying much i've only had a jeep and now this. but hey. plus my dad has a 2006 just like mine and his has 18k miles on it and has yet to even make the slightest hint of a problem.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
gt350tsc

If you still owe money onthe ford I would stick with It. at least untill you pay it off

Old 05-08-2008, 12:32 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

The only reason ford has the best selling trucks is because for so long they had the cheapest trucks available with good options. Now everything is about even, but once you find something you like, you tend to stick with it. I've had Chevys, Fords, Jeeps, a Buick, and even a Saturn, but nothing comes close to my Dodges. No comparison.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:38 AM
VaDimZH

Yes,stiil owe about $34,000.If the Powerstroke is just 200.000 miles - sounds not good like Cummins (350.000).If Dodge give me a good deal I will trade my Ford.But I have %0 APR for 72 month.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:46 AM
VaDimZH

The only reason ford has the best selling trucks is because for so long they had the cheapest trucks available with good options I don't think they had the cheapest trucks,$55000,$58000 is cheapest?One of all reason that why I whant to buy a Dodge,that because they cheapest than Ford.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:54 AM
VaDimZH

Here is one thing,why I stay away fro Dodge.My Crew Cab on my F350 is real Crew Cab,there enough space for my family;in the Dodge -not so good.Of course,I like a Mega Cab,but it's only 6',and I need 8'.

Quick Reply: Need help about Dodge!!!