Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

It's official, diablo is good as gone

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:31 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: It's official, diablo is good as gone

Exactly who is "they"? If you sold it congrats selling it sorry to see it go though. Seemed like a nice truck many guys would love to have. Maybe next time you will be able to get the truck you really want.

If it's getting repoed just wanted to make sure you are aware that if they sell it at the auction and don't get what you owe on it you still have to pay the remainder right? Hopefully this isn't the case I just thought I'd point it out as it often seems people seem to think they can stop paying on their vehicles and just let them get repoed and be done with it. This isn't the case and usually it keeps you still paying only now not having a vehicle.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are we takin the mini van shootin then???

Old 05-08-2008, 06:29 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

are we takin the mini van shootin then???
maybe have jimmy d take care of your problem "cough cough" kev and you can pay for his truck,, all works out in the end..

Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I am letting it get repo's. I will work out the deficienty balance with them and set a payment plan. I am in collection field, I know the game. I dont have the time or energy or effort to sell it. I have went back and fourth many times if I should keep it, but the added stress in the house is not worth a truck. I will jsut wait, and buy what I want when I have cash in hand. on a second note, the mini van is running well. just put new tires, new rear shocks, ordered all my ignition parts from rockauto and then will run even better. I am cool with it.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

Well its good to see I'm saving on fuel cost compared to my paid off 4.7 that got 12 mpg H/W, but trust me the payment on this baby make up for that $56 savings easy!!!

Old 05-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I was gonna go diesel but the truck itself is too expensive, with the newer trucks not getting the mileage the 5.9L did it's not better to run the diesel now plus the payment on a truck like that is at a minimum 450 a month. Plus I don't need the diesel. I may buy one when I get outta med school and have money out the *** lol. plus diesel is a bit more pricy in my area. i live in pa and diesel is 4.65 and regular is 3.65 so It ends up being cheaper for the gasser when it gets about 16 mpg

Old 05-11-2008, 10:11 AM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

ORIGINAL: 04 HEMI 04

can i buy ur truck? lol i couldnt afford diesel.
do the math... even at the higher price of diesel, (unless your mpg in your ram is damn close to the diesel), the diesel would still be cheeper... when I had the dak I was in that situation... 15 mpg in the dak was more expensive than the ram @ 17.5 mpg...
i know i am leaning toward a black dodge cummins @ 64k miles. its 2004. here a pic. i will test drive it on tuesday.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:10 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

do the math... even at the higher price of diesel, (unless your mpg in your ram is damn close to the diesel), the diesel would still be cheeper... when I had the dak I was in that situation... 15 mpg in the dak was more expensive than the ram @ 17.5 mpg...
i know i am leaning toward a black dodge cummins @ 64k miles. its 2004. here a pic. i will test drive it on tuesday.

Is it a 04 or a 04.5? I would make sure it has the ho motor. There is a difference, nice truck.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:46 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Cowboy - I still haven't pulled the trigger on a second car. That 1400 a year insurance bill killed the idea. If the gap between regular gas and diesel get's bigger though, I'll once again explore the option.
96 Collora on www.craigslist.com - $2000
Liability Insurance for 6 Months - $93
Gallon of gas - $3.69

37.7 MPG - Priceless!

Old 05-11-2008, 02:51 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

Is it a 04 or a 04.5? I would make sure it has the ho motor. There is a difference, nice truck.
i hope its 04.5 cuz i would love to have high output diesel engine. i have a question, how many gallons are in the tank?

Quick Reply: It's official, diablo is good as gone