Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Mayfair - Just For You - SMOKE VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mayfair - Just For You - SMOKE VIDEO

ORIGINAL: dieselram

Nice, best use of $50 I've ever seen
Yeah, I'm actually working Cummins' PR folks right now. We're working on a new company slogan. So far, this seems to be the winner...

Cummins.....helping turn diesel into dust, one Dodge at a time.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:59 AM
cracker
Rookie

Hey cumminalong, I'd like to know more about this stack. I have a 06 with the edge also. I haven't really heard how the 2 do together on a 06. . I am still stock on the tranny but thats next on the list. After that my plan was turbo, then injectors, but that smarty would be alot easier on the nuckels than the sticks!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:12 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: cracker

Hey cumminalong, I'd like to know more about this stack. I have a 06 with the edge also. I haven't really heard how the 2 do together on a 06. . I am still stock on the tranny but thats next on the list. After that my plan was turbo, then injectors, but that smarty would be alot easier on the nuckels than the sticks!
So far, it works GREAT. Running it with the Edge you jsut have to use the even numbered settings. These don't effect the timing, as the edge box already does some time adjustment.

The new Revo software on the Smarty lets you adjust all kinds of parameters. You can adjust stuff like rail pressure, timing, top speed limiter, tire sizes, waste gate disable, etc.

Just remember, that once you add over 100hp, the stock pumps can't keep up and the engine starts to miss, so you'll need a FASS or a modified CP3 to keep up and feed the beast. Once my tranny goes in, that's the next order of business.

I like the fact that you still have the safety and convienience features of the Edge, like the gauges and turbo timer and de-fueling parameters.

Once I get the tranny and the fueling up to par, the next pieces that will need to go in are for airflow. New intercooler, intake manifold and once my bank account recovers..........twins and head studs.

Also, keep in mind that when you do the tranny, you need to select a torque converter to meet your intentions. For a small single turbo or twins, you want want with a lower stall speed, because they light up much faster than a large single, which needs a bit higher stall speed.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:55 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

haha nice video lets see it on a nice 0-60 run blowin soot!!

Old 05-09-2008, 03:34 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

haha nice video lets see it on a nice 0-60 run blowin soot!!
Wait until after Weds when I get the new tranny put in.

I was planning on running it Friday night up is Steele, but jsut found out my buddy is coming back from Iraq on Friday and I haven't seen him in over a year, so I won't be traviling up the the NADP event.

I'll get yaa good run video. I have a local 1/4 mile track only about 5 - 6 miles from the house.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

mayfair made this video, dont know why he doesnt show it more often.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8TPC2a8d1c
oh i dont care how many times i watch it, i still laugh...
That dude was NUTS !!

That had to be a stolen truck

Quick Reply: Mayfair - Just For You - SMOKE VIDEO