Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Okay, so I've completely lost my mind

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Twoforme2
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Okay, so I've completely lost my mind

Just a couple notes when you do the AFE.
The bolts that hold the filter housing into the truck are a PITA to get the nuts onto. You will see what I am talking about when you get it.
Put the adapter tube on the turbo first(much like the instructions say to do [:@]) then put the intake tube into it. You might get lucky right away getting it in the hole, but there is not a lot of spare room (especially with putting the filter on first like the instructions say)and I said a bad word once or twice trying to get it in there. Then I realized I stuck one of the hose clamps on backward from the other (yes I am **** about that kinda things) So had to pull it out and turn the thing around and then stick it all back together.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:36 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Okay, so I've completely lost my mind

ORIGINAL: Twoforme2

Just a couple notes when you do the AFE.
The bolts that hold the filter housing into the truck are a PITA to get the nuts onto. You will see what I am talking about when you get it.

I said a bad word once or twice trying to get it in there. Then I realized I stuck one of the hose clamps on backward from the other (yes I am **** about that kinda things) So had to pull it out and turn the thing around and then stick it all back together.
Well, then as **** as I usually am about things too, this is sounding like at least a 12 pack job.

Quick Reply: Okay, so I've completely lost my mind