Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

exhaust advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:14 PM
8 lug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust advice

I have an 04 Ram w/ the 325 hp motor. I've installed an Airraid intake filter, and Banks 6 gun programmer. I was going to buy an MBRP exhaust, but some people said that I would get the same results if I were to remove the muffler. Friday, I dropped my truck off at the muffler shop, and they removed the muffler installed a straight pipe. They said that my truck did not have a catalytic converter. I don't feel any power gains, just a lot of noise. What do you recommend for a quiter more powerful solution?

Old 05-11-2008, 02:27 PM
cumminalong
Default RE: exhaust advice

Really all you need is a decent flow through muffler.

If you don't want it real loud, look at Magnaflow.

They have a fairly decent tone to them. Not loud like that straight pipe, but noticeable.

I have 2 mufflers on mine. I have an Aero 4040XL (resonated) right after the downpipe and a Diamond Eye straight through where the stock muffler used to be.

It's noticeable, but certainly not unbearable. I didn't want it loud either, just meaner.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Twoforme2
Veteran
Default RE: exhaust advice

I just bought and installed a 5" kit from http://www.farmboysdiesel.com/I highly recommend it!

Quick Reply: exhaust advice