Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Oil bubble to burst?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Tractor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil bubble to burst?

It will never go down. Only up.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I just heard that oil was 22 dollars a barrel in 2002. That's one HELUVA markup !!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 AM
RamItOne

it was $24-26bbl when bush was elected. Gas in Saudi Arabia is 50 cents a gal.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 AM
handymanherb
Banned

But there still making the same profit margin LOL

Lets see I use make 10 an hour and had money to spare with a side job or two, now I bill 35 an hour and wonder why I don'thave any sparemoney.

I use to be able to take the Pontoon outand go through 30 gallons of gas on a weekend, buy water toys for the kids to ride, take the camper for a long trip and even supported a race car for 3 years, yet now days I wonder if I'm going to be able to fill up the truck and still be able to buy needed tools.

I don't think I'm making the same profit margin

Old 05-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I know my profit margin is in the toilet. My vacation plans with the new camper are keeping me within 100 miles of home.

Actually, more like 60 miles.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I know my profit margin is in the toilet. My vacation plans with the new camper are keeping me within 100 miles of home.

Darn you must be rolling in all kinds of cash if you can pull a camp trailer any where and still have money to pay for the camp site fee,food and all of the otehr stuff that goes with camping.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

just three years ago I made about 40% less money, yet never had to sacrafice anything and never looked back on a purchase. Now well diablo is waiting for repo. Wallet is empty. I am paying a couple bills on the last day. this sucks. granted its not all because of fuel, but a lot of it ties in together. Now with summer here, I get to look forward to 2-3 hundred dollar a month electric bill.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: DBLR

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Darn you must be rolling in all kinds of cash if you can pull a camp trailer any where and still have money to pay for the camp site fee,food and all of the otehr stuff that goes with camping.

Pfft ... yeah right

I'm not staying at the Hilton of campgrounds. I'm just doing the best that I can with what I have. The campground that we stay at ( Yogi Bear ) has a lot of things for kids to do, so there really isn't much of a reason to wander off of the campground. I actually pretty much break even since taking everyone out to the movies for one night costs about the same as the campsite does for the entire weekend.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:21 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

jimmy here people see 100$ bill a month in summer and 300 in winter,u seem to be reverse cuz of high heat and AC running day and night?
for my part its 180$/2 months in summer and it climb to 200$/2months in winters cuz i heat my house whit wood....

i must agree as the biggest green electric supplier in our backyard it helps alot...

Old 05-21-2008, 07:50 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Same here. We are not going to any competitions that are more than a 3 hour drive from the house.

Quick Reply: Oil bubble to burst?