Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel price! Ouch!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:43 PM
73Jim
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel price! Ouch!!

Filled up @ 4.95/gal in San Diego. There has to be a tipping point. Plus how much longer will China be buying oil from the Middle East? At what point does China "aquire" someplace like Kewait or Saudi Ariba (sp?)?

Old 05-24-2008, 08:44 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: 02cummins

i hear its supposed to be aroun $8 in the next year or so a gallon, what the fu are we supposed to do then ?
Well......instead of starting up my truck to go 1 mile down the road to get beer, I'll be pedaling my azz to the store to get beer.

Truck sure will be getting good mileage sitting in the driveway.

Bottom line is this.......

Until WE, as Americans, stop driving so damn much and reduce the demand for oil, it isn't gonna stop.

There are peaks and valleys to everything. Once it hits a certain peak, the usage falls off.....once that happens price comes down....price comes down, usage goes up.

At least that's how it's suppossed to work.

Honestly, how much less do you drive now than you did before? I know I don't.......and there in lies why prices continure to go up.

Why cut the price if we continue to buy?

Hell, if I could sell my house for $500K, why would I lower the price to $100K. If you're willing to buy it at that price, I'm selling at the higher cost.

SCREW IT!!!!

I need another beer!

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 05-25-2008, 12:27 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

Hell, if I could sell my house for $500K, why would I lower the price to $100K. If you're willing to buy it at that price, I'm selling at the higher cost.
That is so true...If the american public is willing t pay the price for fuel they continue to raise the price... Because we WILL pay the price for it...
Well......instead of starting up my truck to go 1 mile down the road to get beer, I'll be pedaling my azz to the store to get beer.

Truck sure will be getting good mileage sitting in the driveway.
same here I try to do most of my work from a Goldwing now... I've got no problem with that... But even that is getting crazy... I use to fill up for $15 bucks now I'm up to even $25 bucks for fuel...

But The more the price of fuel goes up the slower I'm driving my truck and my Goldwing. There is no need to waste fuel being in a hurry! Right now I don't drive much faster than 50-55 MPH... But I'm pulling 21-23 in the truck and on the Goldwing I'm getting 43-47 MPG...

Quick Reply: Diesel price! Ouch!!