Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Smarty Jr Download ?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:50 PM
cj7 bob
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Smarty Jr Download ?????

I just notice there is a new download for the Smarty Jr on the MADS site tonight. It is with "reduced smoke production", I don't have any problem with smoke on my 03 even in theSW#3 mode,. but was wondering if I should download it for any other upgrades they may have changed?

Old 06-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Aero Ram
All Star
Default RE: New Smarty Jr Download ?????

Cool I never saw that do you have a link? Any loss or gain in hp/tq output? Thanks How big of a smoke difference is there cause I got the whole smokin like a coal train goin on down hwy 98 and seem to get alot of interesting looks from convertables and ppl with windows down not to mention the guy that followed me into the gas station last week to tell me my truck was smoke really bad...lol

Old 06-23-2008, 09:23 PM
cj7 bob
Amateur

http://www.madselectronics.com/index.html

I loaned my smarty to a buddy with a 06 and it did smoke more, not on my 03 but I understand it has smaller injectors.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:02 AM
speakle
All Star

Been running the new SW for 2 days not (40hp) and there is hardly any smoke now, I guess the finally got it. It took a full day for it not smoke but eventually it did. If I am moving and hit it and the tranny downshifts there is still a nice puff but no more freight train. I am going to finish this tank and run SW2 again and will report back on the mileage.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:13 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

im running full time on sw8 and edge comp on 2-5 and im pretty pleased,i get most milleage out of a tank than i ever had but i have to be carefull not to smoke everyone behind me

Quick Reply: New Smarty Jr Download ?????