Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

chosing programmer..Bully PMT vs. Smarty

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:37 PM
roby.jacob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chosing programmer..Bully PMT vs. Smarty

Ok, I know the topic has probably been covered to some extent in the past, but I haven't found a good pro vs con on the two. I have been idley sitting on my hands for a long time and am now ready to start putting some of the basic bolt ons to the truck.

What is important to me is to have a programmer that will provide mpg, easily installed, easily removable (un traceable if at all possible (I know that even smarty can be detected depending on how hard the dealer is willing to look) in the event I need to go to the dealer. I use my truck as a daily driver, I don't go hot rodding around so even if I uploaded the crazy larry program or the equivalent, I'd still be driving 65-75mph all day long.

I like the PMT due to the interface, adjustability on the fly, and the fact you have control / safeguards for defuell and such options. Having the monitor is a plus since I wouldn't need to purchase 3 or 4 autometer gauges. Can anyone provide advice on which they would select?

Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: chosing programmer..Bully PMT vs. Smarty

I can only comment on the Edge & TST external boxes.. had them both, loved them both (currently have the TST) and overall mpg will go up with the higher settings provided you can keep your foot out of it. both boxes are easily installed & removed within about 30 minutes and will obviously leave no trace. both have safeguards for egt's & defuelling when needed.

of the 2 you mentioned, the smarty would be what I'd recommend... I'm planning on picking one up someday to stack with the TST.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

I would look at the juice w/ attitude monitor. It has plenty of power, is untracable, and I have had no problems with mine. Plus it has all the safeguards you need. It also stacks well with the smarty when you find yourself looking for more power.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:14 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I only ran the diablo sport predator, It gave great power, a little better fuel economy but not quite what your looking for. good luck with the choice

Old 07-02-2008, 01:16 AM
JayH2112
Veteran

I too would recommend the Juice w/attitude, and then stack the smarty later. That is my plan.

Quick Reply: chosing programmer..Bully PMT vs. Smarty