Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

06 Boost Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 AM
JDub06MegaC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Boost Question

I installed the Isspro boost and pyro gauges this weekend. My truck is stock with the exception of the Afe filter/intake and 5" turbo back exhaust. I'm spiking at 30-31 pounds of boost and about 900 degrees. I was going to put in Quadzilla's boost fooler but they claim 32 pounds of boost on a stock truck. That's not going to do anything for me. Did the intake and exhaust raise my boost above stock?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
AngryWhiteMan
Thumbs up JDub06MegaC

How did that installation job go for you. I'm thinking about buying those same Gauges from the same Manufacturer. What mount did you go with? Got any pictures.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:11 PM
JDub06MegaC

Bought the kit from Diesel Manor, good customer support and good installation info on their website. I used the overhead console, looks really good but man it was a pain in the buttox! Had to take the a-pillar off to run the wiring and get it in under the headliner. I didn't want to lose my grab bar on the driver side, that's the only reason I didn't just use the pillar pods. Had to splice the pyro wiring to make it long enough to reach the overhead console too. The Isspro's seem very accurate and precise, good movement. I'll get some pictures posted.
The only thing I recommend when you order the kit ($220) is to go ahead and get the boost bolt for $8.95 and get the screw-in thermocouple. The kit comes with the clamp-in style which was pretty simple to install but I don't know how long it will hold up.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
AngryWhiteMan
Thumbs up JDub06MegaC

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same about the Overhead just didn't know what kind of headache it would be. Location is the best from my perspective. I'm surprised that the Thermocouple wire are that short, did you inform the Issopro folks? You would figure that when they sell that set-up they can measure.I also want to keep my door pillar handle. I'm looking at the three gauge mount. Maybe the dash mount would be a little easier?

Old 08-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Lobes1985

your pyro might not be reading the right temp. The wire that comes with the thermocouple is calibrated to the gauge for resistance, it is not supposed to be cut or spliced, if you need a longer one you have to order a longer wire

Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM
JDub06MegaC

Thanks for the info on the pyro wire. I'll check with Isspro.
Here are some pics of my install showing the gauges and boost bolt, couldn't fit the pic of the thermocouple:

Attached Thumbnails 06 Boost Question-img_0742.jpg   06 Boost Question-img_0747.jpg  
Old 08-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Lobes1985

i like the location of the gauges, seems convenient that you can check the gauges every time you look in the mirror.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
JDub06MegaC

I didn't think I'd like it at first, thought it would be inconvenient looking up but you're right, it's no different than looking at the mirror. I offset them slightly off center to get them a little closer and because the console partially blocked the gauge on the right.
Still wondering about the boost pressure though, anybody got any input on that?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
triton
Record Breaker

what you're seeing for boost is normal for a stock turbo. You don't need a boost fooler as your turbo is operating in it's efficiency range already.

Your CAI and exhaust likely did enable a little more boost to be made because it's breathing better.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
JDub06MegaC

Thanks Triton, kinda what I thought, just wanted to hear it from a veteran Cummins guy.

Quick Reply: 06 Boost Question