Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

The Best of Both Worlds (Suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 AM
TowRig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The Best of Both Worlds (Suspension)

Hello DF,

I know I dont have many posts on here, but I have been reading up in here every day ever since I got my Dodge. My question is this... I want to put together a lift for my truck that is the best of both worlds (street, and still towing). My main goal is to run 35's (i know there are tons of tire options, and fuel mileage changes from all of them, etc). I would like the lift to be 4" and bolt on. As out trucks weigh a lot, and put a lot of power to the ground, this kit obviously needs to be BULLET PROOF!

What 4" kit is out there that has great spring rates (front) and descent hardware for the rear, that also keep steering geometry in tune, along with overall road ride and towing ride...

If anyone has any pics (and yes I have done lots of searching on all the CTD sites) then please post them here... Anything is helpful, and all opinions are more then welcome.

As always, thank you very much DF members, you guys are great!

-Dave

Old 08-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

If you tow a gooseneck trailer or ever plan to you might want to reconsider the 4" lift. Your truck will clear 35" tires with just a 2" level kit. I put the Kore HD level kit on my 07 and love it. I tow a 10,000 lbs trailer 3-4 days of the week. My 35" tires should be put on in the next few weeks.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:31 PM
mmstar23
Champion

just what bass hunter said. towing and lifting it isnt going to be good. and if you only want to clear 35's a leveling kit does that perfectly

Quick Reply: The Best of Both Worlds (Suspension)