Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dodge breaks promises on reimbursement for injection pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck with it it's a shame you didn't get the name tho because that would give you a bit of extra leverage. maybe call the same number as before and ask for someone in charge and document what they say. It'd be a real ****ty situation if the customer service rep did that to ya but I could easily see it as a possibility.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:45 PM
oakleys
Angry

Ben D. please go to the gas part of this forum with your great advise. I personally would not take any advise from this guy. Sounds like a diesel wanna be to me. BEWARE !!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:50 PM
tburke

Yeh, I know...anyway moved on to the next all so common problem of changing out my cracked exhaust manifold, picked up a used stock one for $100 we'll have to see how long it holds before spending $350 for an aftermarket 3 piece manifold which will take care of the problem. Truck runs great, hopefully no more costly surprises for a while. It's a great truck and I sure don't mind working on it once in a while. But it just erks me when someone (Dodge customer service) tells me they're going to do something and they don't.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Ben D.
Champion

did you get anywhere with them?? or just leaving it be.. if i were you i'd try to get ahold of someone in charge not just a customer service rep. maybe a mgr of sorts. I know they said to fax stuff in and I have done that many a times at work with a company CST for the intoxalock boxes we install on DUI drivers vehilces and for some reason faxing just sux and half the time never goes thru so maybe give them a call again. I wouldn't personally be angry at the company itself which was what i tried to bring up earlier

and now to move on.. ok oakleys so calling the customer service and getting in touch with someone that has authority and making sure to document names and instructions and such is bad advise. what do you suppose he should do?

and for any one else reading this. I APOLOGIZE for my first post on this thread coming off a bit mean. it wasn't at all meant to be it won't be the first or last time something from me or anyone else comes off that way. why because it's a forum and nothing more than words typed. certain people read thigns differently and take it differently. while it seems everyone else may have realized that and moved on other than one key individual i figured i will broadcast this to the entire community in case any other thick skulled people don't see the light.

Last edited by Ben D.; 09-03-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 AM
oakleys

Sorry Ben D. I was in a bad mood the last couple days. I apologize also. Thanks for your advice.

Sincerely. Take care.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
palmtree

Dodge has everything known as junk on these trucks. I just replaced the lift pump on mine with a FASS with labor was about $1300 and last week I replaced everything to do with the front end $3500 and changed out the fluids in axles and trans and transfer case $500. the weather strip on both doors is shredded because of the stupid body design, dealership Southside, told me warranties over. I asked them about the warranty for this in the beginning and they said there was none. Misinformation galore form Dodge. All the U-joints are junk so they have to be replaced as well luckily not this year.I hope. with tires I've spent nearly $7500 and it's only 4 years old. At least I didn't by a Ford, you all shouldv'e heard the problems I heard today hanging around the shop from Ford owners...castrophic turbo failures, 2 mile to the gallon and on and on....

Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
dave29989

same thing happen to me my lift pump went cost me 600.00 then week later i had to replace my injection pump ans that cost me another 2700.00 in a '02 ram 2500 CTD 4wd auto

Quick Reply: Dodge breaks promises on reimbursement for injection pump