Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dodge breaks promises on reimbursement for injection pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:24 PM
tburke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dodge breaks promises on reimbursement for injection pump

So Dodge is aware of the common problem that when the lift pump fails on a '01 CTD it takes out the injection pump resulting in big bucks spent by the owner. So I replace the lift and VP44 injection pump and put on a low pressure sensor so if the lift pump fails I'll have some kind of warning since the ECM gives no warning. I call Dodge and they tell me the truck was recalled for the lift pump in '01 and to send my receipts with a letter to them requesting reimbursement. I send the stuff and call about a week later to see if they received and they said it must have got lost in the mail?? They tell me to fax a copy, I said if I fax it to you is my money going to be sent, the guy says yes all we need is a copy of your receipt and they will send you a check, he said when they receive the fax I will get a phone call from them. I send the fax and hear nothing, I called a couple times over the next week and they tell me they are reviewing and will call me. Then I get the call finally and they tell me they will not reimburse. I guess I am just aggravated because why would they tell me to do all this and say they'll reimburse if they won't. I didn't expect reimbursement in the first place but if they said they were going to they should especially as common as the problem is with the injection pump. I like Dodge trucks, I've bought 4 new over the years and especially like the Cummins but the GMC is lookin really good these days!!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:25 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Talking

Sorry to read about your run a round with DC been there as well, but still have a damn good truck!

Best of luck with the GMC especially if its a duramax... same CP3 pump and same injectors as in the Cummins, only the D-max has 2 more injectors!!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a recall on specific transfer pumps. But it had nothing to do with injector pumps...

St. Louis North Assembly Plant ("J" in the 11th VIN position) from December 3, 1999 through January 18, 2000 (MDH 120313 through 011816);
Lago Alberto Assembly Plant ("M" in the 11th VIN position) from December 2, 1999 through February 1, 2000 (MDH 120200 through 020100); or
Saltillo Assembly Plant ("G" in the 11th VIN position) from December 2, 1999 through February 1, 2000 (MDH 120206 through 020101).

You have a 7 year old truck, things are gonna break. Take ownership and be prepared for the things that happen. They can not warranty it forever...

Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 AM
tburke

I dont expect them to warranty it forever and I do take ownership!! IF THEY SAY THEY'RE GOING TO REIMBURSE THEY SHOULD BE TRUE TO WHAT THEY SAY!!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Did anyone send you a letter or email saying they would cover you, or just a conversation? If conversation, did you get the persons name? I would contact them again, be nice but persistent. I would at least ask for an explanation as to why they changed their minds. Work your way up the food chain and be polite, you may get some where.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if it sounded like I as attacking you. IF your lift pump was one that was recalled, Dodge should reimburse you...But I don't think they will give you the money back for the injector pump. Call them back or email them so you have a paper trail. It is a big corp. and sometimes they need time to make things happen.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Ben D.
Champion

if you knew it was a problem and had a ticking time bomb why did you not act on it sooner like so many of the other CTD owners in that year range....

I understand that someone may have said they would do a reimbursement but tbh it may have just been some Customer service rep that wanted to get you off the phone and continue with your day. was it someone in a pos. of authority that gave you that information?

Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
oakleys
Red face

Sorry to hear about your problems. Been there, done that. My lift pump went out with no warning, and stuck me on the side of the road. I replaced it with a Fass 150, but could tell the truck wasn't acting right. It would give me the "Dead Pedal", and had trouble starting alot. I replaced the injector pump and it runs great now. Don't mind the idiots on here like Ben D. He is just one of those people that can talk like that because he has never had to spend the $1100.00 (without labor) bill for a new injector pump. It took me 5 hours and alot of cussing to change it out. Take a look at his truck in his signature.....V8 Gasser. What the hell are you even doing in the cummins forum???........Anyway, let me know if you get anywhere with DC, I think I still have all of my receipts......

Old 09-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I won't even take the time to address the **** waffle who has posted above and yes you sir are a **** waffle.....

I merely asked if ya knew it was a problem why not be proactive about it. and if the op knew that the person who promised him reimbursement was some sort of person in a position of authority. because if it was just some dumb customer service rep GL with getting dodge to pay you back because someone at the end of a 1800 number said so.. now if it was your local dealers service mgr. or something then yea but there's a bit of info needed to validate this claim.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
tburke

Yeh Ben D. There was no warning, the truck was running fine and then just would not start, then... I started researching about it and found out that it is well known that when the lift pump goes out it takes out the injection pump. I replaced the lift and injection pump myself $1300. Yes, I was told on the phone I would be reimbursed and that all they needed was a copy of the receipt which I gave them, no I don't have the name of the person. Yes, it is just a bad experience from your companies customer service.

Quick Reply: Dodge breaks promises on reimbursement for injection pump