Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

DIY - 48re front band??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:03 PM
03cumminsmtz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hm, yeah somethings right out to lunch. im not sure where on the linkage it was supposed to go, is the neutral safety switch reactor the little thing with yellow plastic around it that pushes on the neutral safety switch plunger? i bought a new neutral safety switch today, can't get it to work either. if i wiggle in and around the proper neutral position i can get it to show a box around N on the dash, and with park, sometimes if i wiggle the actual switch peice i can get it to flash a box around the P. i got it started up once while showing neutral. let it run for a minute, it never wanted to engage drive or reverse tho, just sat there like in neutral the whole time, eventho i put it in gear and stuff. do you by chance have a pic of where that e clip goes? i guess im going to pull the pan off tomorrow thanks much

Old 09-11-2008, 05:03 PM
03cumminsmtz

yeah, that clip keeps that peice of linkage from riding up, slightly past the neutral safety switch plunger. all better now. thanks a ton for your patience

Old 09-11-2008, 05:36 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it figured out. Learned something, didnt ya?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:10 PM
jaq sqat
Question Slip in bands

I am new to the forum and have enjoyed reading some of the posts.

This is an old thread, but it covers a topic that caught my interest. I was wondering if anyone has used the slip in band that MonteC has suggested? (It sounds like that guy knows his stuff.) It is the one offered by WIT under pn 22022AS at only $22.

It seems pretty slick if I can put one of those in without dropping the transmission and have it last until I can afford the time and money to do it right.

Any opinions on that band?

FWIW, I have a 2006 CTD with 40k miles and I tow a 6k lb trailer.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:20 PM
mikesram
Professional

Do you need to adjust the bands each time you change filter/fluid? This is going to be the 2nd time my transmission is going to be serviced and I know it was not adjusted the first time.
Thx

Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Grummy

MonteC

thanks for the info, i have found myself with the need to replace the front band on my 48re.

long story short the trans was hunting between first and second, governor solenoid was on order, and the wife used the truck and when it didnt shift into second, she accellerated a little harder (rev limiter kicked in about the time she noticed she wasnt moving very fast) i replaced the solenoids and sensors and adjusted the bands, the front band adjustment goes past flush with the lock nut. bright side is when i rebuild/upgrade i dont have to hear about how the truck shouldnt need any upgrades lol

so here are the questions!

is the front band also known as the intermediate band? (part# 22022AS) in the link you provided.

i plan on this being a temp repair, but would like to avoid drum damage while i save up for a rebuild/upgrade.

what would you say is the difficulty level of removing the old band, and reinstalling the slip in band with the transmission still in the truck?

should i also replace the adjusting wedge and actuator link at the same time?

thanks,
r weaver

2006 ram 2500 ctd hd, 48re trans

Quick Reply: DIY - 48re front band??