Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Block question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Goat301
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Block question

I have an infamous 53 series block with a BFC. Like almost complete length, and I am having a hell of a time finding a non 53 block. Everyone I have talked to insist on arguing with me over that being the only one that will work in my truck. Can anyone tell me if there are any differences in the block from 1998.5 to 2002? Or possibly someone knows where there might be a complete motor or good block for sale somewhere in the northeast. Thanks

Old 09-20-2008, 02:03 PM
cookie88
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only real difference I believe was the casting process that those 53's where made with, the block is still the same, you shouldnt have a problem useing another block, not sure why they said thats the only one that will work. As far as finding complete engines, theres companies that sell them now, and the short block if you done want all the extras, cheapest way to go, obviously is to find a wrecked truck and use it as a donner. hope this helps

Quick Reply: Block question