Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need Wheel Help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:36 PM
ZmanTRX4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Wheel Help ASAP!

Hey guys, I just got done talking with the service manager at the shop that does the mechanic work for my car dealership and he has a like new set of 20x10 chrome eagle wheels (8 lug dodge) and a used set of 33x12.50x20's Toyo MT's he's sell me for 700 bucks. The wheels are excellent and the tires would last me atleast another year or two since I don't drive my diesel much. Would these wheels/tires fit on my stock 2006 2500 CTD? Or would I need a leveling kit. I don't want any kinda of rubbing issues I want to keep my truck as nice as it is already but I just thought this sounded like a good deal. I'm sure they won't last long so I need to know as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 PM
lscommando

Remember, this advice is free so it's probably worth what you paid for it... In the reading I've done I believe 33's will fit fine but you'd need the leveling kit to run 35's. Please post back (WITH PICS) if you get them and tell us how they fit.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

since you know him why not ask if you can mount them on your truck for a test fit. I think they will fit as long as the back spacing is correct.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

Ya that's what i'd like to do but the tires aren't actually mounted on the rims yet. The wheels were traded in from a guy that sold his truck after only running them 2 months and the tires were just some laying around at the shop that he said he'd throw on there so I could run them a while until I took the plunge to buy new tires ( like 300 each). I was just curious if anyone else had a set up like this so I could get some oppinions before spending the money.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Quig19
Rookie

I have an 06 3500 with stock 17" rims and running 35"BFG with no rubbing at all and no lift kit or leveling kit

Quick Reply: Need Wheel Help ASAP!