Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Bed Liners

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Rev800
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Liners

I just purchased a new 2008 Mega Cab Dually. I had the dealer add a spray in bed liner. My previous truck had a Permatech liner and it held up great for the 8 years I had the truck. I told the dealer I wanted a quality liner and was informed they use Linex. I’ve heard good things about Linex but I just hauled my snowmobile in the box and both my carbides and studs wore right through the liner and into the metal. My old truck hauled the same snowmobile 40+ times and you would have never noticed any nicks let alone tears in the liner and gouges down to the metal? My dealer says no liner will hold up to the snowmobile and I just can't believe the bed liner market hasn't improved or at least remained at the same level as my previous liner?

I contacted a specialty shop that does liners and they are not interested in re-spraying the box as they can't go over this product so it would have to be air hammered out and will damage the box?

I have a meeting with the dealer tomorrow and I'm looking to have them put on a new box, but any insight on what the best and most durable liner out there is?

Quick Reply: Bed Liners