Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dodge extended warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008 | 08:24 PM
mightywhitee
|
Default dodge extended warranty??

I just purchased an 08 2500 mega cab 4x4, I was offered the dodge 7yr 100k mile extended warranty. For about $2600, I beleive. Just wondering if any one had purchased it, it seemed like a good deal. it covered all scheduled maitenance in the first 100k miles as well...

thanks

Old 12-29-2008 | 10:34 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

Is there not a lifetime warr on your powertrain?? so anything else you buy would cover most everything else. read the extented warr to make sure whats coverd and are you sure it's a chrysler warr? and not an aftermarket?? read the items not coverd. our aftermarket warr covers ball joints if they break not when they loose. most warrs covers thing that break or fail (broken rings yes oil burning no). just make sure what you are buying

Old 01-24-2009 | 09:49 PM
towrecovery

go for it,
get it
call them up now.

I have 08 2500 and in 9 months i have had it in the dealer 4 times for an exaust problem that i am told is inharent with all the 6.7's
i am also told that thay are working on it and they may fix it
damn particulate filters!

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:41 PM
al5608
Professional

Dodge probably won't be around long enough for you to ever use your extended warranty

Old 01-27-2009 | 06:04 PM
AMERICANRAM
Default Warranty

I have a 2003 dually and did buy the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty,I used it quite a bit....The last time I used it was in the summer of 2008 and the tranny went bad,dodge replaced it no problems...and I must say it was not the trannys fault....I had a Bully Dog programer installed and smoked the tranny....I took out the Bully dog ,called dodge and had them pick it up.....Dodge all the way GM AND FORD'S SUCK....

Old 01-28-2009 | 10:34 PM
Parts/Service
Champion

An extended warranty is only worth it if you have to use it. Most have a deductible (ranging from $0 to $200.00) that you have to pay for repairs. Read the fine print about what is covered and what is not. There is no such thing as a bumper to bumper warranty. Example, today a guy brings his 2004 Hemi in saying he needed ball joints, after we inspected it, it actually needed wheel bearings. Ball joints covered but wheel bearings not covered...

Originally Posted by AMERICANRAM
I have a 2003 dually and did buy the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty,I used it quite a bit....The last time I used it was in the summer of 2008 and the tranny went bad,dodge replaced it no problems...and I must say it was not the trannys fault....I had a Bully Dog programer installed and smoked the tranny....I took out the Bully dog ,called dodge and had them pick it up.....Dodge all the way GM AND FORD'S SUCK....
Good job on abusing your truck and getting away with it. Cheaters like you are the reason honest people pay more for vehicles. and repairs. The right thing to do would have been to accept responsibility for having the BullyDog that toasted your trans and paying for it. How can you abuse/misuse your truck and then expect every other owner to pay for it...Glad you can laugh, Karma is a bitc...
And please don't think just because I am a service manager that I am out to spoil your fun, I just think that if you add unapproved mods to your truck and it turns out bad, you should be man enough to take responsibility.

Old 02-06-2009 | 07:01 AM
Jester52

Amen...

Old 02-06-2009 | 08:07 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

get it, i got one for mine but it was 5 years 100k. and they dont have the lifetime warranty for diesel motors btw

Old 02-08-2009 | 01:56 AM
scatpack_69
All Star

I gotta agree with Parts/Service. You mod and toast your trans, YOU buck up and pay for it. Its BS for a person to turn it up, it breaks, and they want it covered. Dodge didnt ruin your trans. You did. So now legitamate claims often get turned down. No wonder, with people abusing the system...

Like stated, Lifetime isnt on diesels. Since its a 6.7, ditch the DPF and block off the EGR. Yes, its illegal, but its well worth it. Then you very likely wont have anything go bad and need to use your warranty.

I laughed at the sales manager when he tried to sell me one. I said "Dude, its gettin a programmer in a week, its not gonna be in warranty." My dealer knows my trucks modded, and is out of warranty. They told me to let them know when I hit 12s...Im gonna go in and say I didnt hit 12s, but did run 11s...

Quick Reply: dodge extended warranty??