Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

code help 1693 and 0234 what excately do they mean

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:49 AM
cdndodgefan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code help 1693 and 0234 what excately do they mean

Ok so here the thing last night well driving my gf home i gave it a bit to much trottle and kicked here out. about 2 min later the check guages light come on, well i made it home and the light went out then came back on. When the light comes on my voltmeter drops to 8. I checked for codes and two came up 1693 and 0234. I looked them up and iam still not sure what to do about them ?. The 0234 has me a little worrired turbo boost limit exceeded does this mean i have to get a new turbo? The thing is the truck seems to run normal i did a quick check under the hood and the only thing i found was that one of my neg's on the battery was loose

so here is the truck info
2001 dodge 2500 4x4
5.9 2nd gem cummins
auto
only upgrades are afe intake elbow,cold air intake,
i dont have it chipped or programmed

Old 02-21-2009, 08:53 AM
racer9
Veteran

1693 is just a code telling you theres a code, the other one just says you exceeded the oem boost setting. http://www.troublecodes.net/chrysler/96-01.shtml
Clear them and don't worry. You can get a boost fooler, I think that will prevent it from happening again.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
cdndodgefan

thanks for the help i tryed to clear them twice i got rid of the 1693 but i still have 0234 comming up. The truck is running good though so i dont think its a major problem. Did however have to replace my alternator the bearings where completely shot charges good now so that is a relief. anyone know where the voltage regulator is on a 01 the alternar is externally regulated i heard that it can be a big problem if it go's as in you have to get a new cpu? that true

Quick Reply: code help 1693 and 0234 what excately do they mean