Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2003 Tow Hitch wiring connector problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 PM
kudakoda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 Tow Hitch wiring connector problem

Hi ALL

I have a 2003 Diesel that has the tow package wiring kit installed from the factory. I inadvertently shorted across the contact pin for the park (marker) lights in my 7 pin plug receiver on my truck this weekend. The park lights work on the truck however I don't have power at that pin anymore on the plug receiver. All the other contacts work just fine. I pulled the plug receiver apart and tested the contacts on the coupler and there is no power there as well. I checked the 4 pin adapter as well and there is no power for the park lights there either so I have assertained that the problem is up front. I completed a visual in my fuse block under the hood and did not find any of the mini spade fuses burned and can't see any of the fuseable link style fuses burned either. Does anyone know which fuse number on the block I should be pulling and replacing or am I barking up the wrong tree? The only in-line fuse I had on the harness checked out OK as well.
Please Help!
Thx in advance.

Kim

Quick Reply: 2003 Tow Hitch wiring connector problem