Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dodge 2500 Mega 4x4 Cab 6.7 Turbo Diesel Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:06 PM
MTRamMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ditto

I too am in the same boat. I have an 03 hemi with tow package at 90k miles. I've taken care of my ride, but feel that I'm pushing it to hard wit my 27' travel trailer at about 6k lbs loaded. I am looking at getting a used Mega cab if I can find a nice used one. I may even trade in my current truck as much as I love it.

I have no need for a Diesel truck other than to tow my trailer as most of my miles are drivin in my small town of 3500+. Short stops and starts are hard on a diesel I've been told, but given that they seem to get much better gas mileage than my Hemi (12- 14mpg here in MT a 80+mph, 9 in town), I'm tempted to just go straight diesel. As it sits now, I get 6 - 8+mpg when toing my trailer, and I ca only reasonably drive it at 70mph tops.

Any other input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 07-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Devil-Dog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Diesel owner as well

Hi Guys & gals
Unlike everyone else I did NOT do any research before buying my very first Diesel and Now I think i may have screwed up?? First of all I heard ANYONE who owned a 2007 automatically had a Lifetime powertrain warrenty BUT thats ONLY for the Original owner??? thats NOT fair??? a 2007 is a 2007 whom EVER owns it...I bought mine last night and it has 59000 miles on it...Its a Laramie/6.7 diesel/4x4/Mega Cab/Ram 2500 and other than a 8 inch lift and Chrome 22s on open country Toyos I gues everything else is ALL stock...Now mind you I am 58 yrs old and know NOTHING about a diesel what all can I Do to Get the MOST fuel milage I can possibly get??? I went to Banks site and for a 5.9 there are TONS of items to buy for more milage & Horsepower BUT for a 6.7 all Banks had was a Air Box with a Snorkle??? thats it??? I realy could use ANY and all help that will save me fuel milage...Plus I TRIED for an HOUR to upload My pictures of my truck in My garage and NO pictures but now 5 albums???? I Give Up!!!!!.....Thanks and GOD BLESS
Semper-Fi

Last edited by Devil-Dog; 07-14-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Dodge 2500 Mega 4x4 Cab 6.7 Turbo Diesel Purchase