Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Ats screwed or not screwed

Old 05-20-2009, 10:42 AM
hottrodder67
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ats screwed or not screwed

So i bought a ATS transmission a couple months ago. I put about 30k on it so far. Yesterday on my way home the tranny i think locked up on me. It was a very rough feeling coming from it. When i put it into gear its shook than when i took it out of gear it reved high for a split second. Now i don't know whats happen to it so far my mechanic next door dropped the pan and found some small metal shavings. Now i want to know what people have gone threw dealing with ATS and their so called warranty. Am i going to get screwed out of this or am i going to get a new tranny? Any advice will be help full.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
mmstar23
Champion

Cant exactly tell you how theyer service is, but i do know ATS is over priced and not that good of an option for the money you put into your transmission! Hopefully all goes well for you man but if not, look into Suncoast!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:34 PM
hottrodder67
Professional
Default i was just thinking the same thing

So i have done alot of reading on ATS. i think they can make a good product but not for the money most people wanna spend. Some of their high prices trans are very nice i heard but some of the lower prices **** is not so good. My truck is at a tranny shop now going to hear by the end of the day what the scoop is.Suncoast might be the next.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Have you contacted ATS to see if they'll cover the work at another shop?

Normaly they cover the parts and the labor, up to a certain amount per hour. Beyond that, you end up eating the bill.

Also, look at the warranty paperwork. If it's been more than a year, I think they only cover the parts and not hte labor if it gets done at an independent shop.

From what you're describing, it sounds more like the torque converter than the tranny itself.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:56 AM
grazmo85

They are supposed to have a 5 year 500,000 mile warranty on their transmissions. My cousin works for dodge and he has told me they end up doing the work on a lot of ATS transmissions because guys get so fed up with ATS and their warranties so I would say it is a big hassle to get them to stand behind their warranty sorry to give you bad news but good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ats screwed or not screwed