Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

right, stop,turn,almost dead

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 PM
jason_blocker
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default right, stop,turn,almost dead

Well hello again need more help.My 2006 2500 has the factory towing package and brake controller. This weekend I hooked up to the boat after rewiring the boat trailer lights and replacing the trailer lights; {I knew my trailer lights needed replacing} but my right stop turn signal wasnt working, come to find out its the truck. I checked the 7pin connection and the 4 pin and both are the same. On the right stop turn I dont get a brake or turn signal just a steady 7volt DC reading even with everything off. All the lights on the truck itself work fine. Is this an issue anyone else has had or heard of. I have not called Dodge yet, because I have had so much luck with this site and its members. Please any help would be great I hate wiring and may have to take it to someone I only know the simple stuff..

Old 06-19-2009, 02:03 PM
donnyv

I'm having similar problems with my 2004 Ram 2500. I checked some fuses and changed one and it worked... ...for maybe 5 seconds. I'm not an expert, but I gave it a look and nothing seemed missing or out of place. Since I don't want to tear stuff apart I won't be able to put together, I'll have to find time to get it up to the dealership.

Anyone else have any idea what it could be?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:45 AM
jason_blocker
Amateur

check out this post and forum it may help you. It tells me to go to the dealer my truck is too smart for me.http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...trailer+lights

Old 03-17-2010, 11:49 PM
05Ram1500

Yeah I got the same problem with a 06 ram 2500 diesel. The right side trailer signal and brake light circuit does not work. Is there a recall on this? What the hell is the ipm? Where is it and how much is it to replace?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 AM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by 05Ram1500
Yeah I got the same problem with a 06 ram 2500 diesel. The right side trailer signal and brake light circuit does not work. Is there a recall on this? What the hell is the ipm? Where is it and how much is it to replace?
No recall its not a safety item Maybe a tsb on it that is about it... IPM integrated power module. If you need one might want have it checked out first at a dealership I know its hard to say but its worth the little extra money vs buying it and not be it... after that Might want to check out CoalTrain he can get some crazy stuff like that cheaper then anyone I know..
Hope that helps Pizzo

Old 03-18-2010, 01:19 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jason_blocker
Well hello again need more help.My 2006 2500 has the factory towing package and brake controller. This weekend I hooked up to the boat after rewiring the boat trailer lights and replacing the trailer lights; {I knew my trailer lights needed replacing} but my right stop turn signal wasnt working, come to find out its the truck. I checked the 7pin connection and the 4 pin and both are the same. On the right stop turn I dont get a brake or turn signal just a steady 7volt DC reading even with everything off. All the lights on the truck itself work fine. Is this an issue anyone else has had or heard of. I have not called Dodge yet, because I have had so much luck with this site and its members. Please any help would be great I hate wiring and may have to take it to someone I only know the simple stuff..
check all your fuses under the hood, each circuit is on seperate fuse for the trailer plug, but it will probably blow again if you hook the trailer back up, check the wiring on your trailer

Quick Reply: right, stop,turn,almost dead