Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

air intake kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:11 PM
ALBALD1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air intake kits

I'm new to diesels, but I've already had 2 people tell me that the K&N filters allow too much crud through & eat up turbos. Whats the experience here? Is there something safer out there? I'd like to maximize airflow, but I don't want to cause probs. Also, how about exhaust mods? whats recommended there. I do some towing & daily driving. I'm satisfied as far as power goes, but I'd like to get the most mph i can without shortening the life span of the truck/engine. I have a 2009 2500hd with the 6.7l diesel. I'm also noticing that a lot of the aftermarket stuff doesn't cover 2009 yet. Any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:08 AM
gales73
Rookie

I have always heard that your better off with a dry cold air intake vs. an oiled one..because if not takin care of they can like you said eat your turbo up.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 AM
srountreeoo7
Professional

I use the drop in K and N. But wouldn't recommend them if your doing a lot of off roading. So far mine has been great. I use my truck mostly as a daily driver and some towing. S&B has a good deal on the intake and exhaust elbow combo. I haven't got it yet but have heard good things.

Quick Reply: air intake kits