Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Axle nut fell off....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:19 PM
garrettg84
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle nut fell off....

I've got a 4x4 2500 auto...I got new tires about two weeks ago, they sheered off a lug stud....so last weekend i spent my Saturday waiting to get the stud replaced...for free, but my time was spent....

Today I was walking around the truck and spotted the center of my axle looking a bit odd to me....i checked the other side and realized why it looked odd....the axel nut was missing

Am i going to be safe driving the truck to the shop about a mile down the road without my whole wheel assembly falling off?

I've got disc brakes in the front and i think the caliper holding the disc will atleast keep it straight and on provided i dont hit any really nasty bumps right?

Second issue, they better not charge me for that axle nut, do any of you think i'll have any problems???

Old 07-28-2009, 08:33 PM
JohnnyRebs360
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't drive. Don't even think about going back. Just by moving the truck you're destorying the rotor and problably the caliper.

Quick Reply: Axle nut fell off....