Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anyone else had these issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
KDXpilot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else had these issues?

09 2500 6.7L CTD 4x4, Auto, shortbox SXT

Today on I-80 cruising about 80 mph, I started hearing a thumping sound on my driver side front, pulled off, and found the wheel well liner had cracked and basically been taken apart by my tire the way a circular saw would go through a 2x4. The noise was from the remainder of the liner hanging down, hitting my tire. I checked the other side, and sure enough, it doesn't look like long before that one goes as well. Are these warrantied? I have hit some pot holes and definitely had some articulation in the 12,000 miles I have, but nothing to warrant this kind of destruction to the plastic!

Secondly, and it started to get real bad today, I have the most annoying squeak coming from my transfer case shifter. When I isolated the sound finally, I applied a little pressure with my hand on the ****, and the sound went away. Any ideas, maybe just loose?

Thanks in advance for any comments, suggestions.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:17 AM
pizzo
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my left rear wheel well plastic was hanging bolts fell out of it had to replace it with a new one after my tires ate it up

Quick Reply: Anyone else had these issues?