Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I want to swap a DRW to a SRW 3500 AXLE

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:36 PM
mignweld
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to swap a DRW to a SRW 3500 AXLE

Ok, Everyone is most likely thinking...Is this guy Crazy!! Ia m not its just I wanted to raise my 06 3500 q cab 8 ft bed and all I get is trouble. Because of it having DRW. I ordered a duley only because I was in business and needed it to haul big stuff in the gooseneck trailer I hauled, Well thanks to the economy. Its now out of the question to succed any more in that area so now I want to swap out a 3500 DRW (373) For a 3500 SRW (373) And NO I cant go to the dealer and trade!!

Any sugestions? any Trades? Any one ever done this before? How hard could it be and also, Is there a spacer plate in the front to align the rears?

Let me know..Whats the difference in the cost also. Mine has brand new tires with simulaters

Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 AM
pizzo
All Star

first off this is in the wrong section I know it was two months ago and nobody is going to do anything about it now. but I will talk to someone about moving this to the right section. but if your still interested let me know I don't really think you have to buy anything I would just try buying the wheels off a 2500 stick them on it the rear axle studs are going to be to long but maybe a -3 or 4 backspacing in the rim. with it in the right section their is a lot of people here to give better advise on this subject then I can.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:36 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF mignweld! Somehow this slipped by us, but I moved it to the appropriate section for you so now some of the members with better knowledge with this question can give you advice! Good LUCK!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 PM
ecwrestoration@yahoo.com
Professional

MIGNWELD, funny you should ask this question, I want to make my 05 short bed (single) to a dually. I have 4.10/4.11?? gears. I was told by someone that the frame rails are diff. between the two?? How would i make mine a dually ? swap out the axle, hubs for a dually axle, hubs? or change out the whole unit??

Quick Reply: I want to swap a DRW to a SRW 3500 AXLE