Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

gauges vs. digital dash displays

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:09 PM
whipper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauges vs. digital dash displays

Hello,

I am wanting to add gauges (boost, EGT, and Trans Temp) to my 05 Ram 2500. I like the look of the pillar mounted gauges, but the dash monitors like the DashHawk, Edge Insight, and Bullydog Watchdog look interesting and easier to install.

Prices seem to be about the same for the gauges and monitors.

Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions as to gauges vs. dash monitors? Will the dash monitors provide accurate readings?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Last edited by whipper; 09-10-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
pizzo
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already looked into this I would go with a digital what ever brand you chose If you get the Pillar mount gauges three pod you loose that handle. I use that handle other then pulling on the steering wheel and break the column overtime. there is a two pod pillar mount and a steering column mount that COAL TRAIN showed me but i don't like it. Plus my interior is tan and i would have to paint the plastic to make it match. After looking around found some mounts for the digital monitor they are plastic and mount to the pillar and you get to keep the handle also but your pillar is a bigger blind spot then before. So i am going that route
thanks Pizzo

Quick Reply: gauges vs. digital dash displays