Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Leaking Tranny Cooler Lines

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:10 AM
bayoubrian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Leaking Tranny Cooler Lines

I have a 2004 2500 Diesel. Developed a transmission leak that was traced back to the cooler lines. Dealership said the 2 lines were rubbing together and developed a hole. Been waiting for replacement lines for 2 weeks now and, after badgering the dealership every day, they told me it would be October or November before they could get replacement lines. Said there were over 200 sets on backorder and no one had inventory. Sounds like a recall issue to me. Anyone else have this problem? Is splicing the line to repair the damaged section a good idea? At least until I can get a new one to replace?

Old 09-12-2009, 02:06 AM
pizzo
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off Recall is ONLY FOR SAFETY items. Trans lines are normal wear and tear just like the rear brake lines are normal wear and tear on my mom's town and country van that the brake line got a hole in it from rubbing the body
And yes if they are leaking splice them together so you don't run the it low on trans fluid and cause more problems

Old 09-12-2009, 02:18 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As stated, this wouldn't be a recall issue (a TSB issue, maybe. TSB stands for technical service bulletin, and is basically a "these problems are happening, and here is the fix.")

Basically, do whatever you have to do to temporarily fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Leaking Tranny Cooler Lines