Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Help!!! Got a problem withmy tranny

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:19 PM
jsader79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help!!! Got a problem withmy tranny

I got my trans replace back in April. Since replacing the tranny I have had nothing but troubel with my truck. While cruising down the road, on a COOL day if I hit 75/80 mph my tranny will begin to search gears between D and OD. if its a hot day, I can barely get 60/65 mph before it starts in. Also, if Im pulling ANYTHING whatsoever, I cant get past 60. I have had the tranny rebuilt twice and a 3rd time by a different shop with no correction. I have had fuel pressures checked and even taken to 3 dealerships with no fixes. Can anyone help? I was told by a friend of a friend of a friend... yea anyways, that I might need to ajust the detent cable on the tranny, but not sure how. Anyone know how? IF anyone knows anything that may be causing this I could really use the help.....

Old 09-16-2009, 12:42 AM
3500reddragon

I'd make the shop that replaced the tranny stand behind the work, period. It had to have had some kind of warranty, right? If it was a new tranny, it should be at least a year. Raise some h, e, double hockey sticks and don't take no for an answer. If you paid by credit card, contest it. You have lots of options, but, I understand, you want it fixed. Hopefully, you complained right off the bat, which verifies the timeframe where the problems began, hopefully within the warranty.

As far as what's wrong, don't know. The symptoms are a bit odd. The tranny cable issue, if I understand you, links the throttle response with the transmission. On my truck, it's adjustable, and does make a big difference if it's out of adjustment, but not those symptoms. Search up on it here and elsewhere for the details as I know they changed the setup at least once since my model year. Good luck!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

1st thing I would guess is a bad TPS ( APPS ) sensor. And 2nd I would ck all the hoses going to the intercooler.Also ck the carpet in the cab, that its not roll up under the throttle pedal.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:51 PM
jsader79

Got a new tps. Hoses are clear and no there's no carpet under the pedal rolled up. Is there anyone that knows how to adjust the detent cable?

Old 09-17-2009, 08:23 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

If you are asking about the kick down cable adjustments, I do have it on a pdf file. If you want it, I'll need an email address to send it to.

Quick Reply: Help!!! Got a problem withmy tranny