Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dept of transportation check point

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 12:23 AM
pizzo
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dept of transportation check point

I pulled a boat from Indiana to Wisconsin. I stopped to pay the toll and their was a Illinois State trooper sticking hoses down the semi's fuel tanks. I was thinking hummmm not me not me not me guess what heard my truck running started walking over to me stuck my tank Glad I was clean and use on road fuel. So who says they don't check? Cause they just checked me AGAIN. that is the second time I have been checked since I bought the truck.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:16 AM
srountreeoo7
Professional

I've never been checked that I know of. I have heard of them checking trucks in the parking lots at sporting events if the gas cap was not a locking kind.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:29 PM
pizzo
All Star

I have never heard of that at sporting events. I have a locking door so they wouldn't be able to check mine unless I was there. But most people don't think they would check you driving a PU truck.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Grr287
Captain

im sorry, but what are they checking for? i live in IL so im curious.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 PM
pizzo
All Star

Hey I forgot about you dude they check to see if you run off road fuel with them sticking that clear flexable hose the bring up fuel from your tank on semi's they use a plastic one like a straw. and if they can't get the hose down the tank they pull you off to the side and take the filler neck tube off and get in there and check that away its a hefty fine per gallon of dyed diesel fuel. I have heard that its like 500 a gallon but that's hear say i would think its more like $100 a gallon. but they can tow your truck and you go to court and don't get your truck till you pay the fine and its big

Old 10-13-2009, 12:03 AM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by Grr287
im sorry, but what are they checking for? i live in IL so im curious.
Also i forgot to mention if you come up here they do this at toll booths where you have to pay cash if you have Ipass they probly won't bother you at all I was towing a trailer and my Ipass is only for my truck they have to add my trailer in on the Ipass charge at the toll booth. I can't go into the open road tolling when towing something or I get a nice fat 250 ticket mailed to me. then battle it in court and it gets dropped again.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:56 PM
pokeytwins
Default Pizzo Help

Sorry but a different question. I just picked up a set of tires and OEM 17" rims from a 3rd gen 2500 ram p/u.

Rims fit my 2nd gen 2500 perfectly but the CTR Cap??????????????

The ones that came with the new setup fit the front okay but would not go on the rear. I had to use my old caps, a bit different, on the rear.

Could it be my truck has discs brakes only on the front??????????????

thanks russell

Old 10-14-2009, 09:22 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by pokeytwins
Sorry but a different question. I just picked up a set of tires and OEM 17" rims from a 3rd gen 2500 ram p/u.

Rims fit my 2nd gen 2500 perfectly but the CTR Cap??????????????

The ones that came with the new setup fit the front okay but would not go on the rear. I had to use my old caps, a bit different, on the rear.

Could it be my truck has discs brakes only on the front??????????????

thanks russell
yes their is a difference so I have heard I have a 3500 and heard that if you have disc on all 4 then if you have the ctr caps from a drum rear truck it wont work they are different.
I understand that you are new and some people don't like it when you ask a question that isn't about the post. I myself this is my thread and I give you permission to do so at anytime. Although it really only gets seen by me when I sign on and others have to look at this page to see it and answer then you will get some grief about it but like i said its fine with me and we are all hear to help.

Last edited by pizzo; 10-14-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: added items
Old 10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
pokeytwins

thanks for the very kind criticism. I understand and will do better and thanks for the reply.

russell

Old 10-17-2009, 09:59 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by pokeytwins
thanks for the very kind criticism. I understand and will do better and thanks for the reply.

russell
its ok dude we are all here to help. I did something cool as hell today took a 34ftlong 11ft6inch wide down expressway today on permit for width down construction zone 10 ft lanes i ended up taking two lanes the hole time. through construction zone. permit company routed me that away. so I had to go got pulled over Indiana state police. seen the permit and let me go. it was cool I always get messed with. the cops just see my red truck or the big boat behind me and try messing with me.

Quick Reply: dept of transportation check point