Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel
View Poll Results: Do you use a dealer or Cummins shop for serivce and/or Repair
Dealer
0%
Cummins Shop
100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

New 6.7l Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 AM
sumncguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 6.7l Service

This is my first diesel. It will take me a while to come up to speed on DIY service. In the mean time, Im curious about how many use a dealer and how may use a Cummins shop for service and repairs

Old 10-25-2009, 11:42 AM
pizzo
All Star

I work for A forklift dealer. There is cummins engines in the forklifts so I pretty much use the shop to work on my truck. But I do the work. I get my parts from the cummins dealers though dodge prices seem high to me. do you use your truck as a daily driver? do you have any EGR deletes or DPF deletes IF so then your ok. I haven't seen many complaints about the 6.7. other then fuel consumption. If you don't have them deletes it uses to much fuel. I am sure that everyone will see this and tell you all about the small problems that they have. give it time
Welcome to the BIG TRUCKS section.
Pizzo

Last edited by pizzo; 10-25-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: miss spelled a word
Old 10-25-2009, 11:58 AM
flifisher
Amateur

I have a 2007 Mega Cab 6.7 CTD. I change my oil @ 5k and try to do my own repairs. Until recently, I have changed my own oil. The dealer will do it now for $50. It costs me about $45 to get the parts so I let them get thier hand dirty and keep the oil.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:16 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by flifisher
I have a 2007 Mega Cab 6.7 CTD. I change my oil @ 5k and try to do my own repairs. Until recently, I have changed my own oil. The dealer will do it now for $50. It costs me about $45 to get the parts so I let them get thier hand dirty and keep the oil.
that don't sound to bad of a idea atleast i won't get dirty. I have had it changed at wal-mart ONCE $80 bucks later cause they will only use qts. not gallons so you have to pay 3.99 per qt after the 5 qts you get free. I was pissed off and I yelled at the manager for it. he just like he didn't care.

Quick Reply: New 6.7l Service