Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

AirDog FP100 problem with install

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:12 PM
TankerDriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy AirDog FP100 problem with install

Hello,

I am a beginner at this posting business, so bear with me. I just installed an AirDog FP100 on my 04 Dodge and it seems to be leaking fuel every time I shut my engine down. I have checked all the fittings and connections with the truck running, and nothing is leaking. I believe the problem is the original factory fuel line at the fuel inlet port of the CP-3. I removed the connection and the banjo bolt to install the AirDog, but what was I supposed to do then? The manual is a little unclear, and right now the old line is just sitting there next to the new connection with no plug on it. Am I supposed to plug that line which used to run into the CP-3 or am I supposed to remove it completely from the fuel filter housing? If I am supposed to plug it, what do I plug it with? Thanks for the help...

Old 12-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Coal Train
All Star

That line should no longer have fuel going through it, so it just needs to be out of the way.

When you install the AirDog, the OEM pump no longer pushes fuel through that line.

Did you drain the fuel filter housing and remove the stock filter when you installed the AirDog?

Old 12-19-2009, 05:06 PM
TankerDriver

Thanks for the reply. I removed the fuel filter for ease of fuel flow, but I did not drain the fuel filter housing. So you are saying that the fuel left in the filter housing has been pouring out that disconnected line and that is my only problem? I will drain the remaining fuel out of the housing and hopefully that fixes it.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:12 PM
TankerDriver
Default and another thing

Just thought of another thing ...is there any easy way to remove the filter housing from the truck, or is it just best to leave it alone. It would be nice to remove the unused fuel lines and housing, but it seems like it might be more work than its worth. I guess I am just curious as to what the proven/normal install method is. thanks

Old 12-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Coal Train
All Star

There is a plate kit replaces the filter housing.

You can't just remove the housing, as it serves as a connector for the return line, so you'd need the plate.

Otherwise, just leave it in place, make sure you disconnect the fuel heater.

Quick Reply: AirDog FP100 problem with install