Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dash lights problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 11:57 PM
01ramcummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash lights problems

well, i have another problem or question about this being a problem, well, you know the break light and abs light on the dash, well, when i start the truck, i do a sequence, i put key in, turn to acc. and put trans in neutral, wait for light to turn off, all dash lights turn off, i start engine, let warm up, once im ready to go, i release the "e" break, but the light doesnt turn off. so i say screw it and start driving, a few sec later, the "abs" light turns back on, so now i have the e break and abs light on on the dash, the break is released tho. wtf is wrong?

another question. i know the tranny in my 96 is to weak and a piece of sh** but whats goin on? when the truck is "cold" meaning i started it, let it get its rpm's up and let it sit for 2 or 3 min to warm up. so, after all that, when i start driving, the trans doesnt want to shift into 2nd, it revs rpm's up and will freeze at 2300 and wont shift, so i let off throttle, and put back on, and it shifts from then on just fine, it does it once every morning. what the hell is goin on?

please help everyone, anyone,

Old 12-28-2009, 04:34 PM
MOPARPAT
Rookie

On the first problem, have you tried to take the battery off for a minute to reset everything, maybe that will clear any codes or glitches that come up. On the transmission problem, Mopar transmission when there older can get what's called morning sickness, it only does it when you first start it and it's cold. It seems the O rings in the trans get old and shrink. I usually put the trans in nuetral to let it warm up a bit, maybe that will help out

Old 12-29-2009, 11:01 AM
01ramcummins
Professional

yea, i always start the truck in neutral and let it warm up in neutral, then i will take off and it only does it once. thank you, so wat do u recommend? rebuild kit? any way i can beef up the tranny? cause i wanna get the fuel plate, and the #6 says that the stock tranny cant handle it. so i want to beef up a little. where to go? thanks for the thoughts.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 PM
MOPARPAT
Rookie

Sound like your tranny has might start to have some issues. I would find a good transhop in your area and ask them to rebilud the trans heavy duty for your application of use,

Old 01-08-2010, 04:15 AM
01ramcummins
Professional

yea, thats wat im thinkin also, lol, thanks, and my dash lights, the ebreak light and abs lights are still doin there thing where they stay on? i dont understand, it bothers me but dont have the money to take it in nor the time. its buggin the crap outa me. and i think my tie rods are goin out now also. lol wen i turn it grinds and shimmies in the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: dash lights problems