Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Code Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
rpolite
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code Help

I was in the woods deer hunting and had to cross some mud holes. Problem is my EB, cruise, and speedometer don't work. My CEL, ABS and Brake lights all burn steady. I suspect some water.... Duh. I pulled the codes and this is what I found;

P0501 - Veh speed sensor. I assume this is on the rear diff. Probably the problem.

P0545 - EGT Sensor circuit low

P244D - Aux Emission Controls

P200C - Fuel Air Metering Auxiliary emission controls.

P200E - Same as above.

It's a 2007 Ram 2500 4X4 with the 6.7 motor in it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick P.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Coal Train
All Star

All of those sound like you might have pulled the connectors on the bottom of the truck.

The vehicle speed sensor is on top of the rear diff and those other problems appear to be associated with the sensors that are on your exhaust. There are 3 sensors for the catalytic converter and DPF, make sure you didn't rip them out.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
pizzo
All Star

Welcome to DF, Did you find the problem?

Old 01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
rpolite

For the most part I did. Turns out it was a fuse labeled "spare". Everything went back to work. Exhaust brake is acting up a bit but that's about it. Looks like a good forum you all have set up here. Lots of great information. Thanks again.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:30 PM
pizzo
All Star

no problem that is why we are here to help out if needed..

Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 AM
rpolite

Update... Unfortunately I bought my 07 used. Did the normal crawl around and had it to a friend who is a good mechanic and knows marine diesels in and out and everything "appeared" fine. Turns out all my codes and problems were coming from a pinched harness that feeds everything from the tranny back, including sensors, etc. There was some tranny work done by the previous owner and after reinstalling it pinched it between tranny and brace. My trip into the woods was enough to finish off the harness. I should have it back by the end of the week from the Stealer.. Again, thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Code Help