Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dash speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 PM
crazykidjj87
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash speakers

so i just installed a radio and some door speakers. i also ordered dash speakers. my truck does not have them stock. crutchfield told me i have wires in the dash for them but i cant find them. i tried their tech support and they were no help. do i have these wires?? where can they be found?? thanks for the help

Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 AM
pizzo
All Star

You don't have wires for those tweeters. those speakers are their if you have the premium stereo system in your truck. Yes you can splice them in to the aftermarket radio that you have now. I have them spliced into the factory radio now with Pioneer 4ways in front doors and Pioneer 3 ways in the rear doors. Those that you are trying to put in are just tweeters.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:34 AM
crazykidjj87
Veteran

ok thanks. i was under the impression the wires were there for ease of a dealer install if a purchaser decided to want the upgraded sound system. do i splice the dash speakers in with the 2 front door speakers?

Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 PM
pizzo
All Star

I looked for them. I couldnt find any wires that would work. Plus when the premium sound system is installed in the truck. Its a different wiring harness that Radio has steering wheel controls... All I did with my wires i just tapped into the rear door speakers.. Your really if you think about it your taking power away from those rear speakers. I am going to upgrade my radio. When i do this All door speakers will have amps/crossovers and install subs under the back seat.. Yes its going to be a lot of work but why have Bass going to a rear door speaker and tweeter... When you Upgrade your door speakers Go to best buy they sell a wire with connectors to connect the speaker to the factory harness Makes installing the door speakers easy and they only cost 12 bucks or so for 2.. And If your installing door speakers Make sure that you tie your wires and if it says Pioneer make sure its not upside down.the wires will get hit the window... I ruined my drivers door speaker When I rolled the window down the wires caught the window and ripped them off and broke the speaker... Back to Best Buy I went and bought another set of 6X9s for the front doors... My radio now sounds great its not in a sound show or anything but for the head unit being stock sounds pretty good

Last edited by pizzo; 01-27-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:24 AM
crazykidjj87
Veteran

cool thanks. i really appreciate it. just incase you are interested, i ordered all my stuff from crutchfield.com. radio, rear door, front door and dash speakers. they ship you a master install sheet, shows you basically how to take the interior of your truck apart, and they ship you everything you need to install the radio and speakers for free. wireing harness specific for the truck, speaker wireing harness for all speakers (except the dash) and the trim to go around the radio. i have ordered a few stereos from them, they have been excellent to me.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:04 AM
pizzo
All Star

That sounds like a good Idea.. I have pulled my dash apart so i know how to do that... and as far as speakers goes its not that hard for me to figure out the wires and such. I am going all out with my radio I want dvd ipod Navigation, cd blue tooth. Just about anything you can think of in a radio. I myself am a best buy kinda guy its easy to just hop in truck and drive its not that far for me... Unless i find one online I have been looking into the kenwood radio with the flip out tv and vcr dvd and navigation ipod hook ups and rear camera. i want something for my phone charger or something that is hooked into so my phone will charge (mini usb) its a Blackberry. wife's ipod charge and play
Sat radio XM or Surrius. Basically if you seen my truck now its filled with cords 3 cell phones, radar detector, GPS, rear mounted camera, Ipod, Kids tv's with dvd hanging off my front seats, PSP, . along with gauges on A post, Rail pressure gauge on steering column fuzzy dice in the mirror. My truck is a mess with all the cords for charging or running all my equipment..

Quick Reply: dash speakers