Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

help again

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:13 PM
stewtina
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help again

I am having a hard time starting the cummins (06 mega). The wait lite goes on but there is not an ignitor sound I hear fuel pump but not the ignitor. I know it doesnt have glow plugs but I have been told its a fuel heater. The dealer said its 269.00 but a guy at napa said he just got one from a dealer and it was around 40 bucks.

It still starts, it takes a couple more revolutions but never fails me. When its warm (40 and above) no problems at all. I also need location of part on truck. i was told on intake and on the fuel filter. I have looked on intake and i dont see anything that would resemble what im looking for.

thanks

Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 PM
stewtina
Veteran

Other than this truck is running great still fast. it did it with and without the programmer.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 PM
racer9
Veteran

There is no igniter. What we have is an intake air heater, called a grid heater due to it's shape. It is located at the base of the intake air "horn" on the drivers side of the motor. There is two large wires to it. http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/tro...niford_htr.htm
You could eliminate the fuel heater and you wouldn't even know the difference.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:13 PM
stewtina
Veteran

This just started happening and im trying to get truck ready for a trip up north to the boundry waters next feb, its a long way off but im getting it ready early. I've also got to get the plug in and that has gone up last time i priced it it was 20.00 now like 60.00. this truck has been to -30 and started with no problems but you can never be to safe. thanks racer i will look and see what i find.