Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

BullyDog Gt Just Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
ppc25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BullyDog Gt Just Installed

Well i have to say i had my reservations but holy crap!!!!!!!
This thing is awsome. it has totaly transformed my truck and i would recomend it to anyone. even at the lowest setting (TOW) it is 100% more responsive. i also installed the new S&B cold air intake and also bought today an AFE 4inch performance exhaust which will be fitted tommorow and that should finish my first lot of mods of niceley.
Also i am thinking of adding a Quadzilla Boost Fooler does anyone think it is worth doing this or stop as i am.
Thanks and god bless cummins

Old 02-24-2010, 09:37 PM
pizzo
All Star

Yeah add a boost fooler.. Also do you have gauges? if not get them even if you roll stock setting your pushing 1350 and if you set extreme your way over that.. At least I am with my power pup from Bully dog... just watch your EGT's those are important... Also if you are going to be removing setting to stock setting. Make sure you have good batteries.. If your batteries are drained a little you turn it to stock setting and remove the BD that messes things up a little... If you run into trouble Call bully dog they can direct you through issues...

I'm moving up in the world and getting a Smarty SR.. I just want something different.. Also the GT what is the HP ratings on the box say that your going to get?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 PM
ppc25

thanks Pizzo, all the gauges are on the BullyDog GT except the EGT which is an extra $150 but ime going to get a pod and gauge as i think thats the best may to go. Power settings from the book are not vehichle specific it just says for diesel engines
Tow-Economy 50+ bhp & 100+ torque
Performance 75+bhp & 125+ torque
Extreme up to 119bhp & up to 250 torque.
well i run it only on tow-economy and ime still scared its going to tear out my transmission, it has totaly transformed the truck.
i do have one concer and that is when i did the first download it asked me a question which i answerd by pressing the yes button before finishing reading it. it asked _would you like more low end torque and power and i just clicked yes but before i could stop myself doing that i noticed the disclamer at the bottom stating that it is not recomended for vehichles with stock transmissions. oops.
On the upside that AFE exhaust sounds awsome.
I was so close to buying the smarty junior but couldnt resist the look of the new Gt and its Gauges. Thanks for the advice anyway and ime going to order my boost fooler now. ha ha

Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 PM
pizzo
All Star

Well you know that there is somethings that you still need and not to run it on extreme. I sometimes run extreme and TQ management on with my Bully Dog. But that is driving like grandpa on Sunday. Sometimes I'll drive like a 16 year old but that is not that often...

That low end power I thought it was for auto trans and not for manual trans.. Mine tells me if I want it (yes) (no) not recommended for standard trans.. My be that is misunderstood... Standard transmission is Manual trans....

Tow-Economy 50+ bhp & 100+ torque
Performance 75+bhp & 125+ torque
Extreme up to 119bhp & up to 250 torque.
that is the difference in GT and power pup
I have more torque per the box says so extreme my torque is 320 ft lbs
But I don't have all the turbo, trans, exhaust, to back extreme.

To give you a Idea from a stop to start full throttle i get to about 40 mph and I'm up to 1300 degrees at 50 mph I'm at 1500 degrees F

Also with your boost fool r if you are on the throttle and left off fast the turbo will bark... that is common and just let off your throttle easy so it wont bark
hope that helps

Quick Reply: BullyDog Gt Just Installed