Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Transmission being weird!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
mikesram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transmission being weird!!

Anyone experience their transmission slipping when making a left turn only? This is weird it will not do it on a right turn. Checked fluid level its full, it has 44,000 on the clock. Dont know whats left to do unless there are bands on this that need to be adjusted. any suggestion appreciated.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:25 PM
ppc25

that is usualy a sighn that you are either low on oil or your bands need setting.
mine did the same thing on long left and right turns then i changed the oil, filter and had my bands reset.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 PM
pizzo
All Star

One are you checking the trans oil correctly trans warm in N set parking break and pull stick that is a common problem. If its low should be about 3 qts low... or your just turning the corner way to fast and roasting the tires as you turn

Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM
mikesram
Professional
Default Transmission being weird!

Hey Pizzo
That would be fun roasting my tires but unfortunatly just a standard left hand turn. I'll recheck it again in "N" and see if any difference, Guys thanks for the help!!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:20 PM
hottrodder67
Professional

My father had the same problem on his 1500. funny it was only on left hand turns. slow not slow air in tires perfect.trans perfect.bearings perfect. just some dumb *** knocking he gets. he just gave up on it.

Quick Reply: Transmission being weird!!